Self-administration of mercury by subcutaneous injection.
- D M Hill
- British medical journal
The case reported here was a 35-year-old woman, who died of bilateral pulmonary emboli and chronic poisoning 10 months after an intravenous injection of large amount of metallic mercury given by a culprit. The symptoms, signs, results of X-ray examination after poisoning, as well as detailed postmortem pathological examination and determination of mercury content in different organs were presented. The results of examination in connection with the mechanism of poisoning are briefly discussed and analyzed