Acute dapsone intoxication: a case with prolonged symptoms.

@article{Elonen1979AcuteDI,
  title={Acute dapsone intoxication: a case with prolonged symptoms.},
  author={Erkki Elonen and Pertti J Neuvonen and J Halmekoski and Mauri J. Mattila},
  journal={Clinical toxicology},
  year={1979},
  volume={14 1},
  pages={79-85}
}
A 45-year-old man ate about 10 gm of dapsone (DDS). After initial vomiting marked methemoglobinemia with cyanosis, headache, and confusion developed. Methemoglobinemia subsided 7 days after ingestion when the concentrations of DDS and monoacetyldapsone (MADDS) were at the therapeutic level. Signs of hemolysis appeared on the third day after DDS ingestion, the hemolysis being maximal more than one week after ingestion. The initial disappearance of DDS and MADDS was slow, the apparent half-lives… CONTINUE READING

From This Paper

Topics from this paper.

Similar Papers

Loading similar papers…