Accidental ingestion of a component of a fixed orthodontic appliance--a case report.

Abstract

Most dental patients are treated in the supine position, enhancing the risk of accidental aspiration or swallowing of foreign objects. This article presents a case report of an orthodontic patient who accidentally ingested a section of orthodontic wire and coil spring from a fixed expansion device placed in the maxillary dental arch. Some guidelines for the… (More)

Topics

Figures and Tables

Sorry, we couldn't extract any figures or tables for this paper.