Accidental carbon monoxide poisoning in our homes

Abstract

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless, tasteless, nonirritating, but significantly toxic gas. It is a product of combustion of organic matter in presence of insufficient oxygen supply. Symptoms of mild poisoning include headaches, vertigo and flu like effects, whereas larger exposures can lead to significant toxicity of the central nervous system… (More)
DOI: 10.4103/0972-5229.58546

Topics

Cite this paper

@inproceedings{Sharma2009AccidentalCM, title={Accidental carbon monoxide poisoning in our homes}, author={Shruti Sharma and Rahul Gupta and Barinder S. Paul and Sandeep K Puri and Shuchita Garg}, booktitle={Indian journal of critical care medicine : peer-reviewed, official publication of Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine}, year={2009} }