A retrospective case series of 103 consecutive patients with leptomeningeal metastasis and breast cancer

@article{Rhun2013ARC,
  title={A retrospective case series of 103 consecutive patients with leptomeningeal metastasis and breast cancer},
  author={Emilie Le Rhun and Sophie Taillibert and Fahed Zairi and Nuria Kotecki and Patrick Devos and Audrey Mailliez and V{\'e}ronique Servent and Laurence Vanlemmens and Philippe Vennin and Thomas Boulanger and Marie Christine Baranzelli and Charles Andre and Guillaume Marliot and Jean Louis Cazin and François Dubois and Richard Assaker and Jacques Bonneterre and Marc C Chamberlain},
  journal={Journal of Neuro-Oncology},
  year={2013},
  volume={113},
  pages={83-92}
}
Approximately 2–5 % of patients with breast cancer (BC) develop leptomeningeal metastasis (LM). 103 consecutive patients with BC were diagnosed with LM and initially treated with intra-CSF liposomal cytarabine from 2007 to 2011 at a single institution. Correlations were determined with respect to patient characteristics and BC subtype with regard to overall survival (OS). At LM diagnosis, 61 % of patients had a 0–2 performance status (PS), the remaining 39 % were severely neurologically… CONTINUE READING

Citations

Publications citing this paper.
Showing 1-10 of 26 extracted citations

References

Publications referenced by this paper.
Showing 1-10 of 53 references

prognostic significance

  • MC Chamberlain, D Tsao-Wei, encephalopathy Groshen S Neoplastic meningitis-related
  • Neurology 63:2159–2161 92 J Neurooncol
  • 2013

HIT : a multicenter phase I - II study of trastuzumab administered by intrathecal injection for leptomeningeal meningitis of HER 2

  • M Gutierrez, E Fourme, +10 authors E Brain
  • 2012

Similar Papers

Loading similar papers…