[Functional capacity of the elderly: measurement by the TMIG Index of Competence].

@article{Koyano1993FunctionalCO,
  title={[Functional capacity of the elderly: measurement by the TMIG Index of Competence].},
  author={W Koyano and Masafumi Hashimoto and Tetsuo Fukawa and Hiroshi Shibata and Atusaki Gunji},
  journal={[Nihon koshu eisei zasshi] Japanese journal of public health},
  year={1993},
  volume={40 6},
  pages={468-74}
}
The functional capacity of the elderly was assessed in a national representative sample of elderly community residents. A stratified multistage random sampling yielded, 2,240 eligible persons, and 80.8% of them (n = 1,810) were successfully interviewed. The respondents ranged in age from 65 to 96 years, and the average age was 72.5 years; 43.2% of them were men, and the remaining 56.8% were women. The TMIG Index of Competence, a standardized multidimensional 13-item index of competence, was… CONTINUE READING

From This Paper

Topics from this paper.
18 Citations
0 References
Similar Papers

Citations

Publications citing this paper.
Showing 1-10 of 18 extracted citations

Similar Papers

Loading similar papers…