[Case report - a dangerous intoxication after ingestion of alkyl nitrite ("poppers")].

Abstract

This case report describes the inadvertent poisoning of a young man with "poppers" after having ingested an unknown amout of the drug. "Poppers" (alkyl nitrite) were made famous in the 1960s as a party drug, and during certain sexual practices, and are still in use today. The drug's inhalation leads to a short-lived rush, vasodilation and relaxtion of… (More)
DOI: 10.1055/s-0040-100107

Topics

  • Presentations referencing similar topics