SimPLE: Similar Pseudo Label Exploitation for Semi-Supervised Classification
- Zijian Hu, Zhengyu Yang, Xuefeng Hu, R. Nevatia
- Computer ScienceComputer Vision and Pattern Recognition
- 30 March 2021
This work proposes a novel unsupervised objective that focuses on the less studied relationship between the high confidence unlabeled data that are similar to each other and minimizes the statistical distance between high confidence pseudo labels with similarity above a certain threshold.
Can I Trust You? A User Study of Robot Mediation of a Support Group
- Chris Birmingham, Zijian Hu, Kartik Mahajan, E. Reber, M. Matarić
- PsychologyIEEE International Conference on Robotics and…
- 11 February 2020
A significant increase in average interpersonal trust is demonstrated after the group interaction session, and qualitative post-session interview data report that participants found the interaction helpful and successfully supported and learned from one other.
Design and Evaluation of Expressive Turn-Taking Hardware for a Telepresence Robot
- Naomi T. Fitter, Youngseok Joung, Marton Demeter, Zijian Hu, M. Matarić
- PsychologyIEEE International Symposium on Robot and Human…
- 1 October 2019
Comparing robot user and co-present person experiences during teamwork activity conditions involving basic robot functions, expressive LED lights, and an expressive robot arm found that among participants who preferred the arm-based expressiveness, individuals in both study roles felt the robot operator to be more in control of the robot during the arm condition, and participants co-located with the robot felt closer to their teammate during the arms phase.
User Interface Tradeoffs for Remote Deictic Gesturing
- Naomi T. Fitter, Youngseok Joung, Zijian Hu, Marton Demeter, M. Matarić
- Computer ScienceIEEE International Symposium on Robot and Human…
- 1 October 2019
An expressive, non-manipulating arm is added to the custom telepresence robot system and three user interfaces to control deictic gesturing by the arm are developed: onscreen, dial-based, and skeleton tracking methods.