Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Share This Author
Melatonin as an antioxidant: biochemical mechanisms and pathophysiological implications in humans.
- R. Reiter, D. Tan, J. Mayo, R. Sainz, J. León, Z. Czarnocki
- Medicine, BiologyActa biochimica Polonica
Melatonin's functions as an antioxidant include: a), direct free radical scavenging, b), stimulation of antioxidative enzymes, c), increasing the efficiency of mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation and reducing electron leakage (thereby lowering free radical generation), and 3), augmenting the efficiencyof other antioxidants.
Melatonin and its metabolites: new findings regarding their production and their radical scavenging actions.
- R. Reiter, D. Tan, M. Terrón, L. J. Flores, Z. Czarnocki
- Chemistry, MedicineActa biochimica Polonica
- 9 March 2007
The review makes the point that melatonin's actions are uncommonly widespread in organs due to the fact that it works via membrane receptors, nuclear receptors/binding sites and receptor-independent mechanisms, i.e., the direct scavenging of free radicals.
In vitro propagation of Withania somnifera and isolation of withanolides with immunosuppressive activity.
The results indicate that Withania species may require longer time and better differentiation and also natural environment for the production of withaferin A.
Identification and synthesis of some contaminants present in 4-methoxyamphetamine (PMA) prepared by the Leuckart method.
- D. Błachut, K. Wojtasiewicz, Z. Czarnocki
- Chemistry, MedicineForensic science international
- 25 June 2002
In this paper the synthesis of 4-methoxyamphetamine (PMA, 1) by the Leuckart method is investigated and the identity of 2, 11, and 12 was confirmed by their independent synthesis.
Formal synthesis of (-)-podophyllotoxin through the photocyclization of an axially chiral 3,4-bisbenzylidene succinate amide ester--a flow photochemistry approach.
- K. Lisiecki, K. Krawczyk, P. Roszkowski, J. Maurin, Z. Czarnocki
- Chemistry, MedicineOrganic & biomolecular chemistry
- 14 January 2016
A strategy for the stereoselective synthesis of cyclolignans related to podophyllotoxin and its derivatives and the photocyclization of a chiral atropoisomeric 1,2-bisbenzylidenesuccinate amide ester is developed.
Metabolism of N-Acylated-Dopamine
- D. Zając, G. Spólnik, P. Roszkowski, W. Danikiewicz, Z. Czarnocki, M. Pokorski
- MedicinePloS one
- 22 January 2014
It is concluded that OLDA enters the metabolic pathway of dopamine through methylation of exogenously supplemented OLDA via catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT) under in vitro, ex vivo, and in vivo conditions using rat brain tissue.
Aromaticity: A Theoretical Concept of Immense Practical Importance
Membrane association of N-oleoyl-dopamine in rat brain.
- D. Zając, Z. Matysiak, Z. Czarnocki, M. Pokorski
- Biology, MedicineJournal of physiology and pharmacology : an…
- 1 September 2006
It is concluded that OLDA strongly resists hydrolysis in brain membrane fractions and the results suggest that dopamine-like biological effects of OLDA might have to do with the interaction of the integral OLDA compound, rather than a dissociated-off dopamine moiety, with the dopaminergic system.
Molecular cloning of melatonin 3‐hydroxylase and its production of cyclic 3‐hydroxymelatonin in rice (Oryza sativa)
- Kyungjin Lee, A. Zawadzka, Z. Czarnocki, R. Reiter, K. Back
- Chemistry, MedicineJournal of pineal research
- 1 November 2016
Prior to the identification of 3‐OHM in plants, cloning of M3H genes in plants has paved the way for the studies of melatonin in plants in terms of its multiple physiological roles.
Synthesis of Imperatorin Analogs and Their Evaluation as Acetylcholinesterase and Butyrylcholinesterase Inhibitors
- S. Granica, A. Kiss, Małgorzata Jarończyk, J. Maurin, A. Mazurek, Z. Czarnocki
- Chemistry, MedicineArchiv der Pharmazie
- 1 November 2013
The results of this study may be considered as the beginning of a search for potential anti‐Alzheimer's disease drugs based on the structure of natural furocoumarins.