Crystal structure of sulfide:quinone oxidoreductase from Acidithiobacillus ferrooxidans: insights into sulfidotrophic respiration and detoxification.
- M. Cherney, Yanfei Zhang, M. Solomonson, J. Weiner, M. James
- Chemistry, BiologyJournal of Molecular Biology
- 30 April 2010
Optogenetic regulation of engineered cellular metabolism for microbial chemical production
- Evan M. Zhao, Yanfei Zhang, J. Avalos
- Biology, EngineeringNature
- 22 February 2018
It is shown that light-controlled transcription can be used to enhance the biosynthesis of valuable products in engineered Saccharomyces cerevisiae and makes a compelling case for the application of optogenetics to metabolic engineering for the production of valuable Products.
Isolation, characterization of Acidiphilium sp. DX1-1 and ore bioleaching by this acidophilic mixotrophic organism
- Yanfei Zhang, An-an Peng, Yu Yang, Jianshe Liu, G. Qiu
- 1 June 2013
Isolation and characterization of Acidithiobacillus ferrooxidans strain QXS-1 capable of unusual ferrous iron and sulfur utilization
- Yanfei Zhang, Yu Yang, Jianshe Liu, G. Qiu
- Materials Science
- 1 April 2013
The quinone-binding site of Acidithiobacillus ferrooxidans sulfide: quinone oxidoreductase controls both sulfide oxidation and quinone reduction.
- Yanfei Zhang, A. Qadri, J. Weiner
- Chemistry, BiologyBiochemistry and cell biology = Biochimie et…
- 1 April 2016
Sulfide:quinone oxidoreductase (SQR) is a peripheral membrane enzyme that catalyzes the oxidation of sulfide and the reduction of ubiquinone. Ubiquinone binds to a conserved hydrophobic domain and…
Production of 5-aminolevulinic acid by cell free multi-enzyme catalysis.
- Qinglong Meng, Yanfei Zhang, Tao Chen
- Biology, ChemistryJournal of Biotechnology
- 20 May 2016
Sketching neoteric solvents for boosting drugs bioavailability.
- M. S. Álvarez, Yanfei Zhang
- ChemistryJournal of Controlled Release
- 1 October 2019
Diversity of bacterial communities in acid mine drainage from the Shen-bu copper mine, Gansu province, China
- Yu Yang, Wu-yang Shi, Xue-duan Liu
- 15 January 2008
The relationships between the discrepancies of physicochemical characteristics and the diversity of the bacteria communities in the three samples suggested that the biogeochemical properties, pH and concentration of soluble metal, could be key factors in controlling the structure of the bacterial population.
Structure-activity characterization of sulfide:quinone oxidoreductase variants.
- M. Cherney, Yanfei Zhang, M. James, J. Weiner
- Chemistry, BiologyJournal of Structural Biology
- 1 June 2012
Determination of key enzymes for threonine synthesis through in vitro metabolic pathway analysis
- Yanfei Zhang, Qinglong Meng, Yanhe Ma
- Biology, EngineeringMicrobial Cell Factories
- 13 June 2015
In vitro metabolic pathways simulating in vivo cells can be built based on precise measurement of enzyme concentrations through proteomics technology and used for the determination of key enzymes through metabolic control analysis, which provides a new way to find gene overexpression targets for industrial strain improvement.