Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Share This Author
Conduction processes in the nerve cord of the moth Manduca sexta in relation to its ultrastructure and haemolymph ionic composition.
1. Connectives of the ventral nerve cord of Manduca sexta consist of glia-ensheathed axons surrounded by a perineuriurn and an acellular neural lamella, which is greatly expanded on the dorsal… Expand
omega-AgaIVA-sensitive (P/Q-type) and -resistant (R-type) high-voltage-activated Ba(2+) currents in embryonic cockroach brain neurons.
- P. Benquet, J. L. Guen, G. Dayanithi, Y. Pichon, F. Tiaho
- Chemistry, Medicine
- Journal of neurophysiology
- 1 November 1999
By means of the whole cell patch-clamp technique, the biophysical and pharmacological properties of voltage-dependent Ba(2+) currents (I(Ba)) were characterized in embryonic cockroach brain neurons… Expand
The effects of sodium-transport inhibitors and cooling on membrane potentials in cockroach central nervous connectives.
1. Cooling caused axonal depolarization in desheathed and urea-treated connectives, but induced hyperpolarizing responses (measured with micro-electrodes and with the sucrose-gap) in intact… Expand
Differential Involvement of Ca 2+ Channels in Survival and Neurite Outgrowth of Cultured Embryonic Cockroach Brain Neurons
The contribution of voltage-gated calcium channels (VGCC) to the development of cultured embryonic cockroach brain neurons was assessed using pharmacological agents. VGCC currents were recorded using… Expand
Properties and development of calcium currents in embryonic cockroach neurons
In freshly dissociated neurons from embryonic cockroach (Periplaneta americana L.) brains, voltage-dependent calcium currents appear early in development (E14). Their intensity increases… Expand
Quantitative morphological analysis of embryonic cockroach (Periplaneta americana) brain neurons developing in vitro
Abstract. Neurons dissociated from the brain of embryonic cockroaches (Periplaneta americana) can be maintained in culture for several weeks. The survival as well as the progressive organization of… Expand
Effects of palytoxin on sodium and potassium permeabilities in unmyelinated axons.
- Y. Pichon
- Chemistry, Medicine
- Toxicon : official journal of the International…
Palytoxin (PTX) is a very potent marine toxin isolated from the Zoanthid Palythoa. Its effects on the nerve membrane have been studied on two different preparations: the giant axon of the Cockroach,… Expand
Ionic content of haemolymph in the cockroach, Periplaneta americana. A critical analysis.
- Y. Pichon
- Biology, Medicine
- The Journal of experimental biology
- 1 August 1970
1. The haemolymph of the American cockroach, Periplaneta americana , has been analysed for Na + , K + and Ca 2+ ions in different experimental conditions. 2. The ionic content of the haemolymph is… Expand
Microelectrode study of the resting and action potentials of the cockroach giant axon with special reference to the role played by the nerve sheath.
1. The use of very fine-tipped and mechanically strong microelectrodes has allowed reliable recordings of resting and action potentials to be made in cockroach giant axons in sheathed and desheathed… Expand
N-Methyl-D-aspartate-induced oscillations in whole cell clamped neurons from the isolated spinal cord of Xenopus laevis embryos.
The patch-clamp technique was used to measure the effect of N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) on Xenopus embryonic neurons in an isolated, but intact spinal cord. Whole cell recordings were done at… Expand