Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Share This Author
Comparison of transcripts in Phalaenopsis bellina and Phalaenopsis equestris (Orchidaceae) flowers to deduce monoterpene biosynthesis pathway
- Yu-Yun Hsiao, Wen-Chieh Tsai, +6 authors Hong-Hwa Chen
- Biology, MedicineBMC Plant Biology
- 13 July 2006
This systems biology program combined chemical analysis, genomics and bioinformatics to elucidate the scent biosynthesis pathway and identify the relevant genes.
Differences in pharmacokinetics and ex vivo antioxidant activity following intravenous and oral administrations of emodin to rats.
- Chi-Sheng Shia, Yu-Chi Hou, S. Tsai, Pei-Hsun Huieh, Y. Leu, P. D. Chao
- Chemistry, MedicineJournal of pharmaceutical sciences
- 1 April 2010
The results suggested that the serum metabolites of oral Emodin exhibited more promising free radical scavenging activity than those of intravenous emodin and emodIn parent form, and biologists are suggested to redirect their targets to emod in glucuronide.
Antiviral effect of epigallocatechin gallate on enterovirus 71.
- H. Ho, M. Cheng, Shiue-Fen Weng, Y. Leu, D. Chiu
- Biology, MedicineJournal of agricultural and food chemistry
- 19 June 2009
Findings suggest that EGCG may suppress viral replication via modulation of cellular redox milieu through suppression of genomic RNA in enterovirus 71-infected cells.
Anti-psoriatic effects of indigo naturalis on the proliferation and differentiation of keratinocytes with indirubin as the active component.
- Yin-ku Lin, Y. Leu, Sien-Hung Yang, Hsiao-Wen Chen, Chin-Ting Wang, J. Pang
- Biology, MedicineJournal of dermatological science
- 1 June 2009
Findings indicate that the anti-psoriatic effects of indigo naturalis are mediated, at least in part, by modulating the proliferation and differentiation of keratinocytes, with indirubin as the major active component.
Inhibitory effects of Scutellaria baicalensis extract on hepatic stellate cells through inducing G2/M cell cycle arrest and activating ERK-dependent apoptosis via Bax and caspase pathway.
- Tai-Long Pan, Pei-Wen Wang, Y. Leu, Tung-Ho Wu, Tian-Shung Wu
- Biology, MedicineJournal of ethnopharmacology
- 15 February 2012
It is demonstrated that SBEE could prevent hepatic fibrosis by promoting ERK-p53 pathways which may in turn cause G(2)/M cell cycle arrest and activate caspase system resulting in final apoptosis of HSC-T6 cells.
Induction of cytosolic phospholipase A2 by lipopolysaccharide in canine tracheal smooth muscle cells: involvement of MAPKs and NF-kappaB pathways.
Findings suggest that phosphorylation and expression of cPLA2 correlates with the release of PGE2 from LPS-challenged TSMCs, at least in part, mediated through MAPKs and NF-kappaB signaling pathways.
Temperature-sensitive hydrogels composed of chitosan and hyaluronic acid as injectable carriers for drug delivery.
- Jia-You Fang, Jyh-Ping Chen, Y. Leu, Jiuan-Wen Hu
- Chemistry, MedicineEuropean journal of pharmaceutics and…
- 1 March 2008
Temperature-sensitive hydrogels composed of poly(N-isopropylacrylamide) (PNIPAAm) with chitosan (CPN) and chitosan+hyaluronic acid (CPNHA) were grafted in order to examine their physicochemical…
Study on the anthraquinones separated from the cultivation of Trichoderma harzianum strain Th-R16 and their biological activity.
- Shu-Ying Liu, C. Lo, M. Shibu, Y. Leu, Bo-Yuan Jen, K. Peng
- Chemistry, MedicineJournal of agricultural and food chemistry
- 26 August 2009
Six anthraquinones were purified from Trichoderma harzianum strain Th-R16 to evaluate their biological activities, and low yield compounds, like 1,5-dihydroxy-3-hydroxymethyl-9,10-anthraquinone, were found to be more active against fungal pathogens than pachybasin and crysophanol, which were finding to be the major extracellular metabolites.
Development of sesquiterpenes from Alpinia oxyphylla as novel skin permeation enhancers.
- Jia-You Fang, Y. Leu, T. Hwang, Hsiao-Chin Cheng, C. Hung
- Chemistry, MedicineEuropean journal of pharmaceutical sciences…
- 1 July 2003
The results of this study indicate that skin disruption and inflammation do not necessary correspond to the enhancing efficiency of the enhancers tested.
Lignans and an aromatic acid from Cinnamomum philippinense
Abstract Investigation of the root of Cinnamomum philippinense resulted in the isolation of a new lignan, cinnamophilin, together with three known compounds, meso-dihydroguaiaretic acid, (+)-guaiacin…