The draft genome of the grass carp (Ctenopharyngodon idellus) provides insights into its evolution and vegetarian adaptation
- Yaping Wang, Ying Lu, Zuoyan Zhu
- BiologyNature Genetics
- 4 May 2015
It is found that transcriptional activation of the mevalonate pathway and steroid biosynthesis in liver is associated with the grass carp's adaptation from a carnivorous to an herbivorous diet and could serve as an initial platform for breeding better-quality fish using a genomic approach.
Gene structure, recombinant expression and functional characterization of grass carp leptin.
- Guan-Gui Li, Xu-fang Liang, Qiuling Xie, Guang-Zhao Li, Ying Yu, K. Lai
- BiologyGeneral and Comparative Endocrinology
- 1 March 2010
Enhancement of growth and intestinal flora in grass carp: The effect of exogenous cellulase
- Yi Zhou, Xiao-chen Yuan, Shan He
- 5 December 2013
Effects of vitamin E on growth performance and antioxidant status in juvenile grass carp Ctenopharyngodon idellus
- Jie Li, Xu-fang Liang, Bin Li
- 20 June 2014
Programming effects of high-carbohydrate feeding of larvae on adult glucose metabolism in zebrafish, Danio rerio
- L. Fang, Xu-fang Liang, Y. Tao
- BiologyBritish Journal of Nutrition
- 11 October 2013
It is demonstrated that the period ranging from the polyculture to the external feeding stage is an important window for potential modification of the long-term physiological functions of adult zebrafish through early nutritional programming.
The regulation of gluconeogenesis in the Siberian sturgeon (Acipenser baerii) affected later in life by a short-term high-glucose programming during early life
- G. Gong, M. Xue, Xiaoxia Su
- 20 January 2015
Structural and functional characterization of microcystin detoxification-related liver genes in a phytoplanktivorous fish, Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus).
- Lin Wang, Xu-fang Liang, Wan-Qin Liao, L. Lei, B. Han
- BiologyComparative biochemistry and physiology…
- 1 November 2006
Effects of dietary non‐protein energy source levels on growth performance, body composition and lipid metabolism in herbivorous grass carp (Ctenopharyngodon idella Val.)
- Xiaoze Guo, Xu-fang Liang, Bin Li
- Medicine, Environmental Science
- 1 May 2015
It is suggested that an increase in dietary non-protein energy sources alters the genes expression of lipid metabolism and increased lipid deposition in grass carp.
The effects of feeding condition and dietary lipid level on lipoprotein lipase gene expression in liver and visceral adipose tissue of red sea bream Pagrus major.
- Xu-fang Liang, H. Oku, H. Ogata
- Biology, Environmental ScienceComparative biochemistry and physiology. Part A…
- 1 February 2002
Molecular cloning and tissue expression of uncoupling protein 1, 2 and 3 genes in Chinese perch (Siniperca chuatsi).
- Zhengyong Wen, Xu-fang Liang, Shan He, Ling Li, Dan Shen, Y. Tao
- BiologyComparative Biochemistry and Physiology Part B…
- 1 July 2015