Xiaoguang Yu

Learn More
Based on next-generation sequencing data, we assembled the mitochondrial (mt) genome of date palm (Phoenix dactylifera L.) into a circular molecule of 715,001 bp in length. The mt genome of P. dactylifera encodes 38 proteins, 30 tRNAs, and 3 ribosomal RNAs, which constitute a gene content of 6.5% (46,770 bp) over the full length. The rest, 93.5% of the(More)
Date palm (Phoenix dactylifera L.) is a cultivated woody plant species with agricultural and economic importance. Here we report a genome assembly for an elite variety (Khalas), which is 605.4 Mb in size and covers >90% of the genome (~671 Mb) and >96% of its genes (~41,660 genes). Genomic sequence analysis demonstrates that P. dactylifera experienced a(More)
A disintegrin and metalloprotease 17 (ADAM17) is a transmembrane protein that can cleave membrane anchored proteins to release soluble factors and regulate important biological phenomena in cancers. In the present study, we evaluated the effects of ADAM17 on the proliferation and on the cell cycle distribution of human prostate cancer cells. Experiments(More)
Date palm provides both staple food and gardening for the Middle East and North African countries for thousands of years. Its fruits have diversified significantly, such as nutritional content, size, length, weight color, and ripping process. Dates palm represent an excellent model system for the study of fruit development and diversity of fruit-bearing(More)
The intestinal microbes residing in the red palm weevil (RPW, Rhynchophorus ferrugineus) larva consume tender interior fibrous tissues of date palm trunks. The understanding of such microbiota at molecular level provides vital clues for the biological control of this devastating pest. Using pyrosequencing and shotgun strategy, we first study taxonomic(More)
Sensing and responding to endogenous electrical fields are important abilities for cells engaged in processes such as embryogenesis, regeneration and wound healing. Many types of cultured cells have been induced to migrate directionally within electrical fields in vitro using a process known as galvanotaxis. The underlying mechanism by which cells sense(More)
OBJECTIVE To investigate the protection effect of nerve implantation to the neurons after sciatic nerve injury to adult rats. METHODS Thirty male Sprague-Dawley rats weighing 180 - 220 g (8 - 9 weeks of age) were randomly divided into four groups. Group A consisted of normal rats without operation. In group B, the sciatic nerve of rats was transected,(More)
  • 1