The Spec# Programming System: An Overview
- Mike Barnett, K. Leino, Wolfram Schulte
- Computer ScienceConstruction and Analysis of Safe, Secure, and…
- 10 March 2004
The goals and architecture of thespec# programming system, consisting of the object-oriented Spec# programming language, the Spec# compiler, and the Boogie static program verifier, are described.
VCC: A Practical System for Verifying Concurrent C
- Ernie Cohen, M. Dahlweid, S. Tobies
- Computer ScienceInternational Conference on Theorem Proving in…
- 20 August 2009
This paper motivates VCC, describes the verification methodology, the architecture of VCC is described, and the experience using VCC to verify the Microsoft Hyper-V hypervisor is reported on.
Verification of Object-Oriented Programs with Invariants
- Mike Barnett, R. DeLine, Manuel Fähndrich, K. Leino, Wolfram Schulte
- Computer ScienceJournal of Object Technology
- 1 July 2003
The methodology is defined, which enriches a program’s state space to express when each object invariant holds, deals with owned object components, ownership transfer, and subclassing, and is expressive enough to allow many interesting object-oriented programs to be specified and verified.
The design of a task parallel library
- Daan Leijen, Wolfram Schulte, S. Burckhardt
- Computer ScienceConference on Object-Oriented Programming Systems…
- 25 October 2009
The Task Parallel Library (TPL) is a library for .NET that makes it easy to take advantage of potential parallelism in a program. The library relies heavily on generics and delegate expressions to…
Model-Based Testing of Object-Oriented Reactive Systems with Spec Explorer
- M. Veanes, C. Campbell, W. Grieskamp, Wolfram Schulte, N. Tillmann, Lev Nachmanson
- Computer ScienceFormal Methods and Testing
This chapter provides a comprehensive survey of the concepts of the model-based testing tool and their foundations.
Parameterized unit tests
A prototype tool which computes test cases from parameterized unit tests is developed and is reported on its first use testing parts of the .NET base class library.
Symstra: A Framework for Generating Object-Oriented Unit Tests Using Symbolic Execution
- Tao Xie, D. Marinov, Wolfram Schulte, D. Notkin
- Computer ScienceInternational Conference on Tools and Algorithms…
- 4 April 2005
Experimental results show that Symstra generates unit tests that achieve higher branch coverage faster than the existing test-generation techniques based on concrete method arguments.
Generating finite state machines from abstract state machines
- W. Grieskamp, Y. Gurevich, Wolfram Schulte, M. Veanes
- Computer ScienceInternational Symposium on Software Testing and…
- 22 July 2002
An algorithm is given that derives a finite state machine from a given abstract state machine (ASM) specification to integrate ASM specs with the existing tools for test case generation from FSMs.
Semantic essence of AsmL
Fitness-guided path exploration in dynamic symbolic execution
- Tao Xie, N. Tillmann, J. D. Halleux, Wolfram Schulte
- Computer ScienceIEEE/IFIP International Conference on Dependable…
- 29 September 2009
This work proposes a novel approach called Fitnex, a search strategy that uses state-dependent fitness values (computed through a fitness function) to guide path exploration, and shows that this approach consistently achieves high code coverage faster than existing search strategies.