Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Share This Author
Colorimetric determination of cell numbers by Janus green staining.
- G. Raspotnig, G. Fauler, A. Jantscher, W. Windischhofer, K. Schachl, H. Leis
- Medicine, ChemistryAnalytical biochemistry
- 1 November 1999
Working under standardized conditions, Janus green uptake in several cell lines is shown to be linearly correlated with cell numbers over a broad range of cell densities, in MC3T3-E1 cells from about 3% up to more than 300% of confluency.
Quantitative analysis of memantine in human plasma by gas chromatography/negative ion chemical ionization/mass spectrometry.
- H. Leis, G. Fauler, W. Windischhofer
- Chemistry, MedicineJournal of mass spectrometry : JMS
- 1 May 2002
The method is rugged, rapid and robust and was applied to the batch determination of memantine during pharmacokinetic profiling of the drug.
Expression of serum amyloid A transcripts in human bone tissues, differentiated osteoblast‐like stem cells and human osteosarcoma cell lines
- A. Kovacevic, A. Hammer, +8 authors E. Malle
- Biology, MedicineJournal of cellular biochemistry
- 15 February 2008
It is shown that SAA1 (coding for the major SAA isoform) but not SAA2 transcripts are expressed in human trabecular and cortical bone fractions and bone marrow and evidence that human osteoblast‐like cells of tumor origin express SAF‐1 under basal conditions.
Hypochlorite‐modified albumin colocalizes with RAGE in the artery wall and promotes MCP‐1 expression via the RAGE‐Erk1/2 MAP‐kinase pathway
- G. Marsche, M. Semlitsch, +8 authors E. Malle
- Chemistry, MedicineFASEB journal : official publication of the…
- 1 April 2007
It is demonstrated that HOCl‐modified albumin acts as a ligand for RAGE and promotes RAGEmediated inflammatory complications.
Pharmacologic Differentiation Between Endothelium‐Dependent Relaxations Sensitive and Resistant to Nitro‐L-Arginine in Coronary Arteries
- S. Holzmann, W. Kukovetz, W. Windischhofer, E. Paschke, W. Graier
- Chemistry, MedicineJournal of cardiovascular pharmacology
- 1 May 1994
The results indicate that the bradykinin response is mediated by biosynthesis of EDRF, which is sensitive to L-NNA, and of EDHF, which are sensitive to TBA.
15-Deoxy-Δ12,14-prostaglandin J2 induces Cox-2 expression in human osteosarcoma cells through MAPK and EGFR activation involving reactive oxygen species.
- K. Kitz, W. Windischhofer, H. Leis, E. Huber, M. Kollroser, E. Malle
- Biology, MedicineFree radical biology & medicine
- 1 April 2011
It is concluded that the electrophilic carbon atom of 15d-PGJ(2) is responsible for alterations in intracellular redox status and Cox-2 expression.
15-deoxy-Δ12,14-PGJ2 promotes inflammation and apoptosis in cardiomyocytes via the DP2/MAPK/TNFα axis
- C. N. Koyani, W. Windischhofer, +7 authors E. Malle
- MedicineInternational journal of cardiology
- 15 May 2014
It is concluded that the reactive α,β-unsaturated carbonyl group of 15d-PGJ2 is responsible for the pronounced upregulation of TNFα promoting cardiomyocyte apoptosis and it is proposed that inhibition of DP2 receptors could provide a possibility to modulate 15 d- PGJ2-induced myocardial injury.
Simultaneous quantitative determination of α-ketoglutaric acid and 5-hydroxymethylfurfural in human plasma by gas chromatography–mass spectrometry
- Bernhard M Wagner, F. Donnarumma, R. Wintersteiger, W. Windischhofer, H. Leis
- Chemistry, MedicineAnalytical and bioanalytical chemistry
- 14 February 2010
The method for the simultaneous quantitative determination of α-KG and 5-HMF in human plasma was established and has been successfully applied to pharmacokinetic profiling of the compounds after intravenous application.
Quantitative analysis of morphine in human plasma by gas chromatography-negative ion chemical ionization mass spectrometry.
- H. Leis, G. Fauler, G. Raspotnig, W. Windischhofer
- Chemistry, MedicineJournal of chromatography. B, Biomedical sciences…
- 7 July 2000
A sensitive and specific method for the quantitative determination of morphine in human plasma is presented and has been applied to the batch analysis of morphine during pharmacokinetic profiling of the drug.
Effect of cytochrome P‐450 inhibitors econazole, bifonazole and clotrimazole on prostanoid formation
- H. Köfeler, G. Fauler, W. Windischhofer, H. Leis
- Medicine, ChemistryBritish journal of pharmacology
- 1 July 2000
Results indicate an inhibitory effect of econazole, bifonazole and clotrimazole on PGHS‐1, varying in its potency dependent on the cell system used, as well as at doses even lower than those needed to suppress PGE2 biosynthesis.