Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Share This Author
Nunduva, a new marine genus of Rivulariaceae (Nostocales, Cyanobacteria) from marine rocky shores
A new genus and four species are proposed for members of this distinctive clade of cyanobacteria, Nunduva fasciculata gen. nov, based on molecular data for other cyanob bacteria within the rivulariacean clade, which shows more pronounced tapering.
Tolerance to Oxidative Stress in Budding Yeast by Heterologous Expression of Catalases A and T from Debaryomyces hansenii.
- James González, R. Castillo, +5 authors C. Segal-Kischinevzky
- Medicine, BiologyCurrent microbiology
- 16 October 2020
Heterologously expressed Debaryomyces hansenii DhCTA1 and DhCTT1 genes, encoding ScCta1 and ScCtt1 orthologs, respectively, were found to complement the catalase function in S. cerevisiae and showed improved growth when ethanol was used as carbon source both in the absence or presence of salt stress.
A bridge too far in naming species: a total evidence approach does not support recognition of four species in Desertifilum (Cyanobacteria)
- Laura González-Resendiz, J. Johansen, +4 authors M. Morales
- Biology, MedicineJournal of phycology
- 1 August 2019
A population of Desertifilum from an oligotrophic desertic biotope was isolated and characterized using a polyphasic approach including molecular, morphological, and ecological information, and phylogenetic analyses placed this strain clearly within the type species, D. tharense.
Bioprospecting of wild type ethanologenic yeast for ethanol fuel production from wastewater-grown microalgae
- E. Romero-Frasca, S. Velasquez-Orta, Viviana Escobar-Sánchez, Raunel Tinoco-Valencia, M. T. Orta Ledesma
- Chemistry, MedicineBiotechnology for Biofuels
- 9 April 2021
The results provide a first insight of the fermentation capacities of specific wild-type Candida species, and their potential role in ethanol industries seeking to improve their cost-efficiency.
Two new species of Phyllonema (Rivulariaceae, Cyanobacteria) with an emendation of the genus
- Laura González-Resendiz, J. Johansen, Viviana Escobar-Sánchez, C. Segal-Kischinevzky, L. Jiménez-Garcia, H. León-Tejera
- Medicine, BiologyJournal of phycology
- 12 September 2018
Two untapered, heterocytous species were observed and collected from the intertidal and supratidal zones of the Mexican coastline of the Pacific Ocean near Oaxaca and from the Gulf of Mexico and indicated that they were sister taxa to the epiphyllic, Brazilian species Phyllonema aveceniicola in the Rivulariaceae.
When will taxonomic saturation be achieved? A case study in Nunduva and Kyrtuthrix (Rivulariaceae, Cyanobacteria)
- J. Johansen, Laura González-Resendiz, +5 authors H. León-Tejera
- MedicineJournal of phycology
- 21 July 2021
Two new species of Nunduva and Kyrtuthrix are characterized and described from the coasts of Mexico and Morphological differences between all existing species in these two genera were observed, but the group is morphologically complex, and these taxa are considered pseudocryptic.
Bioprospecting of wild type ethanologenic yeast for ethanol fuel production from wastewater-grown microalgae.
- E. Romero-Frasca, S. Velasquez-Orta, Viviana Escobar-Sánchez, Raunel Tinoco-Valencia, M. T. O. Ledesma
- 23 October 2020
Background: Wild type yeasts have been successfully used to obtain food products, yet their full potential as fermenting microorganisms for large-scale ethanol fuel production has to be determined.…