Vilberto Stocchi

Learn More
The Périgord black truffle (Tuber melanosporum Vittad.) and the Piedmont white truffle dominate today's truffle market. The hypogeous fruiting body of T. melanosporum is a gastronomic delicacy produced by an ectomycorrhizal symbiont endemic to calcareous soils in southern Europe. The worldwide demand for this truffle has fuelled intense efforts at(More)
Cells can exchange information not only by means of chemical and/or electrical signals, but also via microvesicles released into the intercellular space. The present paper, for the first time, provides evidence that Glioblastoma and Astrocyte cells release microvesicles, which carry mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA). These microvesicles have been characterised as(More)
Neurogenesis occurs throughout adult life in dentate gyrus of mammal hippocampus. Therefore, neurons at different stages of electrophysiological and morphological maturation and showing various, if any, synaptic inputs co-exist in the adult granule cell layer, as occurs during dentate gyrus development. The knowledge of functional properties of new neurons(More)
A growing body of evidence suggests that creatine (Cr) might exert protective effects in a variety of pathologies where oxidative stress plays a concausal etiologic role; furthermore, it has been recently reported that Cr displays direct antioxidant activity in a cell-free setting. However, at present, no research has been specifically aimed to directly(More)
A simple and rapid method for the determination of ATP, ADP, AMP, NADP+, NAD+, NADPH, and NADH in human erythrocytes is described. A single-step extraction procedure employing alkaline medium and CF 50A Amicon ultrafiltration membranes allows a simultaneous and total recovery of the compounds of interest. Analysis is performed by reverse-phase(More)
Real-time PCR analysis is a sensitive DNA quantification technique that has recently gained considerable attention in biotechnology, microbiology and molecular diagnostics. Although, the cycle-threshold (Ct) method is the present "gold standard", it is far from being a standard assay. Uniform reaction efficiency among samples is the most important(More)
In human placenta 85% of total hexokinase activity (EC 2.7.1.1) was found in a soluble form. Of this, 70% is hexokinase type I while the remaining 30% is hexokinase type II. All the bound hexokinase is type I. Soluble hexokinase I was purified 11,000-fold by a combination of ion-exchange chromatography, affinity chromatography, and dye-ligand(More)
It is known that the MyoD family members (MyoD, Myf5, myogenin, and MRF4) play a pivotal role in the complex mechanism of skeletal muscle cell differentiation. However, fragmentary information on transcription factor-specific regulation is available and data on their post-transcriptional and post-translational behavior are still missing. In this work, we(More)
Micro-vesicles can be released by different cell types and operate as 'safe containers' mediating inter-cellular communication. In this work we investigated whether cultured myoblasts could release exosomes. The reported data demonstrate, for the first time, that C2C12 myoblasts release micro-vesicles as shown by the presence of two exosome markers (Tsg101(More)
Ectomycorrhizae formation represents one of the most significant steps in the truffle life cycle and is determined by a complex molecular signaling between two symbionts. In order to understand the molecular pathway of ectomycorrhiza development, we focused on the signaling interaction between the ectomycorrhizal fungus Tuber borchii Vittad. and the Tilia(More)