Share This Author
Simple Gabor feature space for invariant object recognition
Assessing Grasp Stability Based on Learning and Haptic Data
- Yasemin Bekiroglu, J. Laaksonen, J. A. Jørgensen, V. Kyrki, D. Kragic
- Computer ScienceIEEE Transactions on Robotics
- 1 June 2011
A probabilistic learning framework to assess grasp stability is proposed and it is shown that knowledge about grasp stability can be inferred using information from tactile sensors, which opens a number of interesting venues for the future research.
Action recognition and understanding through motor primitives
This work deals with single arm/hand actions which are very similar to each other in terms of arm/ hand motions, and uses a combination of discriminative support vector machines and generative hidden Markov models to model the process.
Invariance properties of Gabor filter-based features-overview and applications
- J. Kämäräinen, V. Kyrki, H. Kälviäinen
- Computer ScienceIEEE Transactions on Image Processing
- 1 May 2006
This study provides an overview of Gabor filters in image processing, a short literature survey of the most significant results, and establishes invariance properties and restrictions to the use of Gbps filters in feature extraction.
Online motion synthesis using sequential Monte Carlo
- Perttu Hämäläinen, S. Eriksson, Esa Tanskanen, V. Kyrki, J. Lehtinen
- Computer ScienceACM Trans. Graph.
- 27 July 2014
A Model-Predictive Control system for online synthesis of interactive and physically valid character motion that enables a complex 3D human character model to balance in a given pose, dodge projectiles, and improvise a get up strategy if forced to lose balance, all in a dynamic and unpredictable environment.
Learning grasp stability based on tactile data and HMMs
- Yasemin Bekiroglu, D. Kragic, V. Kyrki
- Computer Science19th International Symposium in Robot and Human…
- 11 October 2010
This work presents an investigation of probabilistic modeling for inferring grasp stability based on learning from examples and classification of a grasp as stable or unstable before applying further actions on it, e.g. lifting.
Impacts of robot implementation on care personnel and clients in elderly-care institutions
Learning task constraints for robot grasping using graphical models
- Dan Song, K. Huebner, V. Kyrki, D. Kragic
- Computer ScienceIEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent…
- 3 December 2010
This paper shows how an object representation and a grasp generated on it can be integrated with the task requirements and presents a system designed to structure data generation and constraint learning processes that is applicable to new tasks, embodiments and sensory data.
Meta Reinforcement Learning for Sim-to-real Domain Adaptation
- Karol Arndt, Murtaza Hazara, Ali Ghadirzadeh, V. Kyrki
- Computer ScienceIEEE International Conference on Robotics and…
- 16 September 2019
This work proposes to address the problem of sim-to-real domain transfer by using meta learning to train a policy that can adapt to a variety of dynamic conditions, and using a task-specific trajectory generation model to provide an action space that facilitates quick exploration.
Physical rehabilitation exercises assessment based on Hidden Semi-Markov Model by Kinect v2
- M. Capecci, M. Ceravolo, F. Verdini
- MedicineIEEE-EMBS International Conference on Biomedical…
- 1 February 2016
This work investigates how Hidden Semi-Markov Model can be used to monitor and evaluate physical rehabilitation exercises by Kinect v2 to support medical personnel and patients during rehabilitation at home and gives a feedback to physiotherapists and patients about exercise execution.