Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
In vitro effect of branched chain amino acids on the ribosomal cycle in muscles of fasted rats.
- M. Buse, R. Atwell, V. Mancusi
- Biology, Medicine
- Hormone and metabolic research = Hormon- und…
- 1 April 1979
1) The effect of a single i.p injection of branched chain amino acids on ribosomal profiles of psoas muscles was studied in rats after a 48--96 hour fast. Experimental and control animals received… Expand
Effects of diabetes on oxidative decarboxylation of branched-chain keto acids.
- M. May, V. Mancusi, R. Aftring, M. Buse
- Chemistry, Medicine
- The American journal of physiology
- 1 September 1980
Oxidative decarboxylation is the first irreversible step in the degradation of leucine. The effect of streptozotocin diabetes on this reaction was studied in cell-free rat liver preparations, using… Expand
Glycerol metabolism in experimental malnutrition during lactation.
Abstract Malnutrition during lactation could affect glycerol metabolism. This possibility was studied in the rat. The model used consisted of allocating an excessive number of pups (14–16) to dams… Expand
Intrauterine malnutrition in the rat: alterations of fetal glycerol metabolism.
This investigation intended to clarify the effects of malnutrition in utero on enzymes of glycerol metabolism and the stores of phosphorylated glycerol intermediates in liver, striated muscle, and… Expand
Comparative ontogenesis of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase in rat tissues
In rats, placental gamma glutamyl transpeptidase (GGTP) specific activity declined linearly during the last third of gestation. In contrast, the kidney enzyme activity progressively increased… Expand