Véronique Liemans

Learn More
The discrimination between the isotopes of hydrogen in the reaction catalyzed by yeast phosphoglucoisomerase is examined by NMR, as well as by spectrofluorometric or radioisotopic methods. The monodirectional conversion of D-glucose 6-phosphate to D-fructose 6-phosphate displays a lower maximal velocity with D-[2-2H]glucose 6-phosphate than unlabelled(More)
The isotopic discrimination, diastereotopic specificity and intramolecular hydrogen transfer characterizing the reaction catalyzed by phosphomannoisomerase are examined. During the monodirectional conversion of D-[2-3H]mannose 6-phosphate to D-fructose 6-phosphate and D-fructose 1,6-bisphosphate, the reaction velocity is one order of magnitude lower than(More)
When D-[1-3H]fructose 6-phosphate generated from D-[2-3H]glucose 6-phosphate is converted, in a monodirectional manner to D-glucose 6-phosphate and then 6-phospho-D-gluconate, about 42% of the radioactivity is transferred from the C1 of the ketohexose ester to the C2 of the aldohexose phosphate, whereas the remaining 58% are produced as 3H2O. The velocity(More)
Human and rat erythrocytes were found to generate 3HOH from D-[6(N)-3H]glucose. The rate of 3HOH production represented 7-10% of the glycolytic flux. The generation of 3HOH appeared attributable, in part at least, to the detritiation of [3-3H]pyruvate during the interconversion of the 2-keto acid and L-alanine in the reaction catalyzed by glutamate-pyruvate(More)
The exchange of protons and deuterons by phosphoglucoisomerase during the single passage conversion of D-[2-13C,1-2H]fructose 6-phosphate in H2O or D-[2-13C]fructose 6-phosphate in D2O to D-[2-13C]glucose 6-phosphate, as coupled with the further generation of 6-phospho-D-[2-13C]gluconate in the presence of excess glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase was(More)
Incubation of yeast phosphoglucoisomerase for 14 days at a high concentration (100 mM) of D-glucose was found to cause the non-enzymatic glycation of the enzyme. The kinetic properties of the glycated and control enzymes were similar in terms of specific activity, affinity for D-glucose 6-phosphate, isotopic discrimination between D-(U-14C) glucose(More)
Administration of vanadate, an insulinomimetic agent, has been shown to normalize the increased number of insulin receptors in the liver of streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. In the present study, the effects of vanadate on various steps of expression of the liver insulin receptor gene in diabetic rats have been analyzed and compared with those of(More)
Essential oils extracted from the three medicinal plants; Helichrysum italicum, Ledum groenlandicum and Ravensara aromatica, together with their mixture were tested for their genotoxic and antigenotoxic activities against urethane, a well-known promutagen. We have adopted the somatic mutations and recombination test (SMART) in the wings of Drosophila(More)
When D-[2-3H]glucose 6-phosphate mixed with the unlabeled ester is converted to D-[1-3H]fructose 6-phosphate and 3HOH in the phosphoglucoisomerase reaction and then to D-[1-3H]fructose 1,6-bisphosphate in the phosphofructokinase reaction, the specific radioactivity of the latter metabolite and the production of 3HOH relative to the total generation of(More)
When rat pancreatic islets were incubated in the presence of unlabelled D-glucose (16.7 mM) and 3HOH, the production of 3H-labelled material susceptible to be phosphorylated by yeast hexokinase and then detritiated by yeast phosphoglucoisomerase did not exceed 2.66 +/- 0.21 pmol/islet per 180 min, i.e. about 1% of the rate of exogenous D-[5-3H]glucose(More)