Uygar Teomete

Learn More
Posterior reversible leukoencephalopathy syndrome (PRES) clinically presents with seizures, severe headaches, and mental and visual changes. Our goal was to describe the clinical features, triggering factors, neuro-imaging findings, and electroencephalogram (EEG) findings in a pediatric cohort with renal disease. We retrospectively analyzed the records of(More)
The genetics of renal tumors in children is widely recognized. However, most of the studies published to date emphasize the association between Wilms tumor and the WT-1 gene. Recently, a unique translocation between the X chromosome and chromosome 1 or t(X;1) has been described in several reports of renal cell carcinomas (RCCs) diagnosed in children and(More)
To develop a novel automated method for segmentation of the injured spleen using morphological properties following abdominal trauma. Average attenuation of a normal spleen in computed tomography (CT) does not vary significantly between subjects. However, in the case of solid organ injury, the shape and attenuation of the spleen on CT may vary depending on(More)
A 66-year-old female developed progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) 17 months after treatment with bendamustine and rituximab chemoimmunotherapy. During her evaluation for PML, she was found to have a CD4 count of 176 cells/μL (reference range 492-1740). The patient demonstrated spontaneous recovery of symptoms that occurred in parallel with(More)
AIM To evaluate the efficacy of the Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Perfusion (CMRP) method in detection of Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) by comparing CMRP findings with the results of Coronary Computed Tomography Angiography (CCTA) or Catheter Coronary Angiography (CCA). METHODS Thirty one patients in whom CMRP was performed along with CCTA or CCA within a(More)
Complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) is a disorder which has variable clinical manifestations. CRPS type I is characterized by an initiating noxious situation, like a crush or soft tissue injury; or by immobilization, such as a tight cast. CRPS type II is characterized by the existence of a defined nerve damage. Among widespread causative factors soft(More)
Recently, an unusual subtype of large B-cell lymphoma (LBCL) with distinctive clinicopathologic features has been recognized; it is characterized by involvement of bone marrow with or without liver and/or spleen, but no lymph node or other extranodal sites, usually associated with fever, anemia, and hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis (HLH). Because of this(More)
INTRODUCTION Multiple sclerosis is a chronic demyelinating neurological disease and causing a variety of neurological symptoms, including discomfort of anorectal function. Constipation and faecal incontinence present as anorectal dysfunction in MS and anal manometry, colonic transit time, electromyography, and defecography can be used for assessment. (More)
Trifurcation of the celiac trunk (CT) was first described by Haller in 1756 and named as ‘Tripus Halleri’. It is found as a normal anatomical feature in 85% of the human population in CT images, and variations are observed for the remaining 15%. The rarest CT variation is the absence of CT which is found in 0.4% of the population. Although agenesis of CT is(More)