Learn More
Three hundred fifteen (315) elderly (> or = 60 years) patients with clinical renal diseases were evaluated for the evidence of glomerular diseases between November 1998 to June 2002. Glomerular diseases (GN) were observed in 20.6% (65/315) of the elderly patients. The age of the patients (male 56; female 9) ranged between 60-90 (mean 64.17 +/- 3.83) years.(More)
Acute kidney injury (AKI) is an important cause of hospitalization and morbidity in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-positive patients. However, the data on AKI in such patients is limited. The aim of the present study was to analyze the incidence, causes and outcome of AKI in HIV-positive patients from our antiretroviral therapy centre. All HIV-positive(More)
INTRODUCTION Seronegative spondyloarthritis (SSA) is a type of arthritis that involves joints in the spine, as well as the hips, shoulders, knees and ankles. The diagnosis of juvenile spondyloarthritis is rarely entertained in young children who present with back and leg pain. The aim of the present study was to assess the role of HLA-B27 as a diagnostic(More)
Seronegative Spondyloarthropathies (SSA) is a very common problem in our area. The main aim of present study was (1) to find the HLA B27 positivity in patients presenting with sacroileitis (2) to see the correlation of B27 positivity on haematological, radiological and extra articular manifestations. Total 110 patients of SSA were studied between July 2004(More)
Diabetic nephropathy (DN) has become the leading cause of end-stage renal disease worldwide. Non-diabetic renal disease (NDRD), is known to occur in diabetic patients. The renal and retinal relationship in type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) with nephropathy is not uniform. This study was carried to study the histological spectrum of nephropathy in type 2(More)
BACKGROUND Both diabetic nephropathy (DN) and nondiabetic nephropathy (NDN) are reported to occur in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus (DM). The precise diagnosis of the type of nephropathy has obvious clinical and prognostic implication. The aim of the study was to evaluate the histologic spectrum of nephropathy in proteinuric type 2 diabetic patients(More)
Etiopathology of psoriasis is not completely understood. Patients with psoriasis show elevated sensitivity to gluten. The aim of this study was to see the expression of celiac disease (CD)-associated antibodies gliadin IgA, gliadin IgG, and tissue transglutaminase IgA, and their correlation with HLA Cw6 in patients with psoriasis. The study comprised 56(More)
Of 63 patients of obstetrical acute renal failure, 15 cases (23.8%) had biopsy proven bilateral renal cortical necrosis. Remaining 48 patients (76.2%) had acute tubular necrosis. Eight of 39 cases in early pregnancy had cortical necrosis (postabortum) and 7 of 24 patients in late pregnancy revealed cortical necrosis. Diffuse and patchy cortical necroses(More)
BACKGROUND Tumor markers have an increasing significance in the diagnosis and evaluation of tumor, but their role in gallbladder cancer has not been established. The present study was undertaken to determine the utility of serological markers in carcinoma of the gallbladder (CaGB). METHODS This study was carried out in 55 cases and 8 healthy controls(More)