Learn More
The DDB2 gene, which is mutated in xeroderma pigmentosum group E, enhances global genomic repair of cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers and suppresses UV-induced mutagenesis. Because DDB2 transcription increases after DNA damage in a p53-dependent manner, we searched for and found a region in the human DDB2 gene that binds and responds transcriptionally to p53.(More)
UNLABELLED Hepatitis B virus (HBV) is a small DNA virus that requires cellular transcription factors for the expression of its genes. To understand the molecular mechanisms that regulate HBV gene expression, we conducted a yeast one-hybrid screen to identify novel cellular transcription factors that may control HBV gene expression. Here, we demonstrate that(More)
In an investigating study to trace the productivity changes of a commercial software project, which uses incremental and iterative development model, we've found evidence that attributes such as staffing stability, design compatibility/ adaptability to incremental and iterative development, and integration and testing would have significant impact on(More)
Motivation • Software testing is one of the most labor-intensive activities in software development life cycle and consumes 30%-50% of total development effort • Traditional testing methodologies are often value neutral • In practice, 80% of the value often comes from 20% of the software • Under the market pressure, the testing effort are usually compressed(More)
IRE1-alpha is an integral membrane protein of the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) that is a key sensor in the cellular transcriptional response to stress in the ER. Upon induction of ER stress, IRE1-alpha is activated, resulting in the synthesis of the active form of the transcription factor XBP1 via IRE1-mediated splicing of its mRNA. In this report, we have(More)
With the increasing demand of software capabilities in both business and government operations, building trustworthy software become critical for the success of the organization. However, the growth of Internet throws different kinds of malicious and/or unintentional threats into the mix by providing endless points of attacks that threatens the dependency(More)
In the dynamic software field there are major challenges in adapting metrics and cost estimation methods to continuing changes. There is a need to assess emerging trends and re-interpret software size measures and estimation models for new processes. Future trends of software systems are overviewed with implications for software sizing and cost estimation(More)
General software cost parameters such as size, effort distribution, and productivity are necessarily imprecise due to variations by domain. To improve this situation, empirical software cost analysis using the primary US DoD cost database has been segmented by domain. This analysis supports a software cost estimation metrics manual for improvements in(More)
SearchLineariser makes use of information contained in hypertext link structure for the linearisation, display and interactive usage of web-site search results. A highly manipulable outline is used to display the linearised and 'editable' document within the web environment. The design and implementation of the system is outlined and possible extensions are(More)