Teagan J. Walter

Learn More
Interactions between cells from the ectoderm and mesoderm influence development of the endodermally-derived pancreas. While much is known about how mesoderm regulates pancreatic development, relatively little is understood about how and when the ectodermally-derived neural crest regulates pancreatic development and specifically, beta cell maturation. A(More)
1. Development of ribonuclease activity in the cotyledons of germinating peas is biphasic, the time of appearance of the two phases depending on the conditions of growth. 2. Acid phosphatase exhibits a single phase of development. 3. Cycloheximide inhibits development of ribonuclease activity in phase II but not in phase I. 4. (14)C-labelled amino acids are(More)
The concentration of CO2 in the Earth's atmosphere has increased over the last century. Although this increase is unlikely to have direct effects on soil microbial communities, increased atmospheric CO2 may impact soil ecosystems indirectly through plant responses. This study tested the hypothesis that exposure of plants to elevated CO2 would impact soil(More)
In organs, the correct architecture of vascular and ductal structures is indispensable for proper physiological function, and the formation and maintenance of these structures is a highly regulated process. The analysis of these complex, 3-dimensional structures has greatly depended on either 2-dimensional examination in section or on dye injection studies.(More)
The potential for intrahepatic bile duct (IHBD) regeneration in patients with bile duct insufficiency diseases is poorly understood. Notch signaling and Hnf6 have each been shown to be important for the morphogenesis of IHBDs in mice. One congenital pediatric liver disease characterized by reduced numbers of IHBDs, Alagille syndrome, is associated with(More)
Homoserine dehydrogenase in unpurified extracts of maize (Zea mays L.) cell suspensions is inhibited 73% by the feedback regulator threonine; the remaining 27% of the total activity is not affected even by high concentrations of threonine. The threonine-resistant and threonine-sensitive homoserine dehydrogenase activities were separated by affinity(More)
Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) is crucial for vascular development in several organs. However, the specific contribution of epithelial-VEGF signaling in the liver has not been tested. We used a mouse model to specifically delete Vegf from the liver epithelial lineages during midgestational development and assessed the cell identities and(More)
Hepatoblastoma, the most common pediatric liver cancer, consists of epithelial mixed embryonal/fetal (EMEF) and pure fetal histologic subtypes, with the latter exhibiting a more favorable prognosis. Few embryonal histology markers that yield insight into the biologic basis for this prognostic discrepancy exist. CBP/P-300 interacting transactivator 1(More)
Background The liver is a complex organ with a variety of tissue components that require a precise architecture for optimal function of metabolic and detoxification processes. As a result of the delicate orchestration required between the various hepatic tissues, it is not surprising that impairment of hepatic function can be caused by a variety of factors(More)
  • 1