Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Perfusion-decellularized matrix: using nature's platform to engineer a bioartificial heart
About 3,000 individuals in the United States are awaiting a donor heart; worldwide, 22 million individuals are living with heart failure. A bioartificial heart is a theoretical alternative to… Expand
Sniffing controls an adaptive filter of sensory input to the olfactory bulb
- J. V. Verhagen, D. Wesson, T. Netoff, J. White, M. Wachowiak
- Medicine, Biology
- Nature Neuroscience
- 1 May 2007
Most sensory stimuli are actively sampled, yet the role of sampling behavior in shaping sensory codes is poorly understood. Mammals sample odors by sniffing, a complex behavior that controls odorant… Expand
Synchronization in hybrid neuronal networks of the hippocampal formation.
Understanding the mechanistic bases of neuronal synchronization is a current challenge in quantitative neuroscience. We studied this problem in two putative cellular pacemakers of the mammalian… Expand
Epilepsy in Small-World Networks
- T. Netoff, R. Clewley, Scott Arno, T. Keck, J. White
- Medicine, Biology
- The Journal of Neuroscience
- 15 September 2004
In hippocampal slice models of epilepsy, two behaviors are seen: short bursts of electrical activity lasting 100 msec and seizure-like electrical activity lasting seconds. The bursts originate from… Expand
Seizure prediction with spectral power of EEG using cost‐sensitive support vector machines
Purpose: We propose a patient‐specific algorithm for seizure prediction using multiple features of spectral power from electroencephalogram (EEG) and support vector machine (SVM) classification.
Beyond Two-Cell Networks: Experimental Measurement of Neuronal Responses to Multiple Synaptic Inputs
- T. Netoff, Corey D. Acker, Jonathan C. Bettencourt, J. White
- Computer Science, Mathematics
- Journal of Computational Neuroscience
- 1 June 2005
Oscillations of large populations of neurons are thought to be important in the normal functioning of the brain. We have used phase response curve (PRC) methods to characterize the dynamics of single… Expand
Seizure Prediction With Spectral Power of EEG Using Cost-Sensitive Support Vector Machines
Electric field suppression of epileptiform activity in hippocampal slices.
- B. Gluckman, E. J. Neel, T. Netoff, W. Ditto, M. Spano, S. Schiff
- Psychology, Medicine
- Journal of neurophysiology
- 1 December 1996
1. The effects of relatively small external DC electric fields on synchronous activity in CA1 and CA3 from transverse and longitudinal type hippocampal slices were studied. 2. To record neuronal… Expand
Identification of the hippocampal input to medial prefrontal cortex in vitro.
- M. Parent, L. Wang, Jianjun Su, T. Netoff, L. Yuan
- Medicine, Psychology
- Cerebral cortex
- 1 February 2010
To delineate the cellular mechanisms underlying the function of medial prefrontal cortex (mPFC) networks, it is critical to understand how synaptic inputs from various afferents are integrated and… Expand
Synchronization from Second Order Network Connectivity Statistics
- Liqiong Zhao, Bryce Beverlin, T. Netoff, D. Nykamp
- Computer Science, Medicine
- Front. Comput. Neurosci.
- 8 July 2011
We investigate how network structure can influence the tendency for a neuronal network to synchronize, or its synchronizability, independent of the dynamical model for each neuron. The synchrony… Expand