Subchronic and acute preclinic toxicity and some pharmacological effects of the water extract from leaves of Petiveria alliacea (Phytolaccaceae).
- M. García-González, T. Morales, R. Ocampo, L. Pazos
- MedicineRevista de Biología Tropical
- 11 August 2006
A slight but significant increase in the glucose levels during the first three weeks was observed but not for the higher 2,000 mg/kg dose, and no significant differences in intestinal motility could be found after administering the doses once after a starving period of six hours.
Catharanthus roseus (Apocynaceae) naturally infected with diverse phytoplasmas in Costa Rica
- W. Muller, Kristi D. Bottner Parker, L. M. Carmona
- BiologyRevista de Biología Tropical
- 30 January 2019
To the best of the knowledge, this is the first report of natural infection of C. roseus with phytoplasma subgroups 16SrI-B, 16SRI-P, 15SrIII-F, 17SrXIII-A, and 16 srXV-B in Costa Rica and Central America.
[Antimicrobial activity of organic extracts isolated from Aplysina fistularis (Demospongiae: Aplysinidae)].
- T. Morales, J. Cubero, Z. Lanz, Y. Gómez-Guiñán, M. I. Segnini-Bravo
- Medicine, BiologyRevista de Biología Tropical
- 1 December 2000
Toxicity analysis suggests that only F10 CHCL3/MeOH has potential as an antimicrobial agent for clinical use.