Presynaptic Inhibition Caused by Retrograde Signal from Metabotropic Glutamate to Cannabinoid Receptors
- T. Maejima, K. Hashimoto, Takayuki Yoshida, A. Aiba, M. Kano
- 16 August 2001
Endogenous Cannabinoids Mediate Retrograde Signals from Depolarized Postsynaptic Neurons to Presynaptic Terminals
- T. Ohno‐Shosaku, T. Maejima, M. Kano
- 1 March 2001
The CB1 Cannabinoid Receptor Is the Major Cannabinoid Receptor at Excitatory Presynaptic Sites in the Hippocampus and Cerebellum
- Yoshinobu Kawamura, M. Fukaya, M. Kano
- BiologyJournal of Neuroscience
- 15 March 2006
Electrophysiological and immunohistochemical data and morphological data indicate that CB1 is responsible for cannabinoid-dependent suppression of excitatory transmission in the hippocampus and cerebellum.
Phospholipase Cβ Serves as a Coincidence Detector through Its Ca2+ Dependency for Triggering Retrograde Endocannabinoid Signal
- Y. Hashimotodani, T. Ohno‐Shosaku, M. Kano
- 20 January 2005
Synaptically Driven Endocannabinoid Release Requires Ca2+-Assisted Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor Subtype 1 to Phospholipase C β4 Signaling Cascade in the Cerebellum
- T. Maejima, S. Oka, M. Kano
- BiologyJournal of Neuroscience
- 20 July 2005
The results strongly suggest that under physiological conditions, excitatory synaptic inputs to PCs activate the Ca2+-assisted mGluR1-PLCβ4 cascade, and thereby produce 2-AG, which retrogradely modulates synaptic transmission to PCs.
Pet-1 is required across different stages of life to regulate serotonergic function
- Chen Liu, T. Maejima, S. Wyler, G. Casadesus, S. Herlitze, E. Deneris
- Biology, PsychologyNature Neuroscience
- 30 July 2010
It is found that Pet-1 was still required in adult 5-HT neurons to preserve normal anxiety-related behaviors through direct autoregulated control of serotonergic gene expression, indicating that behavioral pathogenesis can result from both developmental and adult-onset alterations in Serotonergic transcription.
The coronavirus macrodomain is required to prevent PARP-mediated inhibition of virus replication and enhancement of IFN expression
- M. Grunewald, Yating Chen, Anthony R. Fehr
- BiologyPLoS Pathogens
- 1 May 2019
It is demonstrated that the macrodomain is required to prevent PARP-mediated inhibition of coronavirus replication and enhancement of interferon production, suggesting that macrodomains counter cellular ADP-ribosylation.
Endogenous cannabinoid as a retrograde messenger from depolarized postsynaptic neurons to presynaptic terminals
- T. Maejima, T. Ohno‐Shosaku, M. Kano
- BiologyNeurosciences research
- 1 July 2001
Pharmacological evidence for the involvement of diacylglycerol lipase in depolarization-induced endocanabinoid release
- Y. Hashimotodani, T. Ohno‐Shosaku, T. Maejima, K. Fukami, M. Kano
- 31 January 2008
SOX6 Attenuates Glucose-stimulated Insulin Secretion by Repressing PDX1 Transcriptional Actvity and Is Down-regulated in Hyperinsulinemic Obese Mice*
- Haruhisa Iguchi, Y. Ikeda, J. Sakai
- Biology, MedicineJournal of Biological Chemistry
- 11 November 2005
Results suggest that perturbations in transcriptional regulation that are coordinated through SOX6 and PDX1 in β-cells may contribute to the β-cell adaptation in obesity-related insulin resistance.