Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Working conditions and health in hairdressing salons.
- T. Leino, E. Kähkönen, L. Saarinen, M. Henriks-Eckerman, H. Paakkulainen
- Environmental Science, Medicine
- Applied occupational and environmental hygiene
The purpose of the study was to assess the working conditions in hairdressing salons and the influence of work factors on the workers' health. Twenty randomly sampled hairdressing salons in the… Expand
Self reported respiratory symptoms and diseases among hairdressers.
- T. Leino, L. Tammilehto, R. Luukkonen, H. Nordman
- Occupational and environmental medicine
- 1 June 1997
OBJECTIVES: Hairdressers are exposed to many irritative and allergenic substances capable of causing occupational respiratory symptoms and diseases. The self reported prevalence of respiratory… Expand
Health reasons for leaving the profession as determined among Finnish hairdressers in 1980–1995
- T. Leino, K. Tuomi, H. Paakkulainen, M. Klockars
- International archives of occupational and…
Abstract Background: Selection into and out of a profession is a known phenomenon in jobs such as hairdressing, in which the workers are exposed to agents and conditions capable of causing… Expand
Occupational allergic dermatoses in hairdressers
* The same patient was tested with several fragrances, rubber chemicals and formaldehyde liberators. skin disease. They were patch tested as previously described (4, 5), usually with a standard… Expand
Work-related violence and its associations with psychological health : A study of Finnish police patrol officers and security guards
- T. Leino
- Political Science
- 26 April 2013
................................................................... 5 yhteenveto ................................................................ 7 List of originAL pubLicAtions… Expand
Occupational skin and respiratory diseases among hairdressers.
- T. Leino, L. Tammilehto, M. Hytönen, E. Sala, H. Paakkulainen, L. Kanerva
- Scandinavian journal of work, environment…
- 1 October 1998
OBJECTIVES The occurrence and causes of hairdressers' occupational skin and respiratory diseases were studied. METHODS Of a random sample of 500 female hairdressers aged 15-54 years, 355 were… Expand
Pneumococcal carriage in children during their first two years: important role of family exposure
- T. Leino, K. Auranen, J. Jokinen, M. Leinonen, P. Tervonen, A. Takala
- The Pediatric infectious disease journal
- 1 November 2001
Background. Close family and day-care contacts have been identified as risk factors for pneumococcal (Pnc) carriage. This study addresses the risk of Pnc carriage by infants 2 to 24 months of age in… Expand
Dynamics of natural immunity caused by subclinical infections, case study on Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib).
- T. Leino, K. Auranen, P. Maekelae, H. Käyhty, A. Takala
- Biology, Medicine
- Epidemiology and infection
- 1 December 2000
Natural immunity to Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) is based primarily on antibodies that are thought to develop in response to subclinical infections. Wide use of conjugated Hib vaccines could… Expand
Violence and psychological distress among police officers and security guards.
- T. Leino, R. Selin, H. Summala, M. Virtanen
- Psychology, Medicine
- Occupational medicine
- 1 September 2011
BACKGROUND Police officers and security guards are more exposed to violence during their work duties than the general workforce and it can damage their psychological health. Still research on… Expand
Injuries caused by work-related violence: frequency, need for medical treatment and associations with adverse mental health and alcohol use among Finnish police officers.
- T. Leino, Kaisa Eskelinen, H. Summala, M. Virtanen
- American journal of industrial medicine
- 1 August 2012
BACKGROUND We examined the associations of the frequency and the need for medical treatment caused by work-related violence with adverse mental health among Finnish police officers (n = 1,734). … Expand