Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Share This Author
A generic quantitative relationship between quality of experience and quality of service
The IQX hypothesis is a strong candidate to be taken into account when deriving relationships between QoE and QoS parameters and is shown to outperform previously published logarithmic functions.
Qualinet White Paper on Definitions of Quality of Experience
The concepts and ideas cited in this paper mainly refer to the Quality of Experience of multimedia communication systems, but may be helpful also for other areas where QoE is an issue, and the document will not reflect the opinion of each individual person at all points.
A Survey on Quality of Experience of HTTP Adaptive Streaming
- Michael Seufert, S. Egger, M. Slanina, T. Zinner, T. Hossfeld, P. Tran-Gia
- Computer ScienceIEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials
- 21 January 2015
The technical development of HAS, existing open standardized solutions, but also proprietary solutions are reviewed in this paper as fundamental to derive the QoE influence factors that emerge as a result of adaptation.
Quantification of YouTube QoE via Crowdsourcing
- T. Hossfeld, Michael Seufert, Matthias Hirth, T. Zinner, P. Tran-Gia, R. Schatz
- Computer ScienceIEEE International Symposium on Multimedia
- 5 December 2011
The results suggest that, crowd sourcing is a highly effective QoE assessment method not only for online video, but also for a wide range of other current and future Internet applications.
Internet Video Delivery in YouTube: From Traffic Measurements to Quality of Experience
- T. Hossfeld, R. Schatz, E. Biersack, L. Plissonneau
- Computer ScienceData Traffic Monitoring and Analysis
This chapter investigates HTTP video streaming over the Internet for the YouTube platform and the impact of delivery via the Internet on the user experienced quality (QoE) of YouTube video streaming is quantified.
Best Practices for QoE Crowdtesting: QoE Assessment With Crowdsourcing
- T. Hossfeld, Christian Keimel, P. Tran-Gia
- Computer ScienceIEEE Transactions on Multimedia
- 1 February 2014
The focus of this article is on the issue of reliability and the use of video quality assessment as an example for the proposed best practices, showing that the recommended two-stage QoE crowdtesting design leads to more reliable results.
Initial delay vs. interruptions: Between the devil and the deep blue sea
- T. Hossfeld, S. Egger, R. Schatz, M. Fiedler, Kathrin Masuch, C. Lorentzen
- Computer ScienceFourth International Workshop on Quality of…
- 5 July 2012
The results demonstrate that users are extremely sensitive to interruptions and that services should be designed accordingly e.g. by increasing initial delay for prebuffering to overcome lack of resources.
“Time is bandwidth”? Narrowing the gap between subjective time perception and Quality of Experience
- S. Egger, P. Reichl, T. Hossfeld, R. Schatz
- Computer ScienceIEEE International Conference on Communications…
- 10 June 2012
This paper addresses the question whether it is sufficient to reduce typical Web QoE assessment scenarios to the temporal aspects of waiting for task completion, which would allow to attribute the resulting logarithmic laws to well-known psychological insights on human time perception.
An Evaluation of QoE in Cloud Gaming Based on Subjective Tests
- M. Jarschel, D. Schlosser, S. Scheuring, T. Hossfeld
- Computer ScienceFifth International Conference on Innovative…
- 30 June 2011
A measurement environment is designed, that emulates this new type of service, tests for users to assess the QoE are defined, and Key Influence Factors (KFI) and influences of content and perception are derived from the results.
Challenges of QoE management for cloud applications
- T. Hossfeld, R. Schatz, M. Varela, C. Timmerer
- Computer ScienceIEEE Communications Magazine
- 5 April 2012
Technical challenges emerging from shifting services to the cloud are discussed, as well as how this shift impacts QoE andQoE management, with a particular focus on multimedia cloud applications.