Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
17β-Estradiol Enhances NMDA Receptor-Mediated EPSPs and Long-Term Potentiation
17β-estradiol enhances NMDA receptor-mediated EPSPs and long-term potentiation. Gonadal steroid hormones influence CNS functioning through a variety of different mechanisms. To test the hypothesis ...
17beta-estradiol enhances NMDA receptor-mediated EPSPs and long-term potentiation.
Gonadal steroid hormones influence CNS functioning through a variety of different mechanisms. To test the hypothesis that estrogen modulates synaptic plasticity in the hippocampus, in vitro… Expand
Compensations after lesions of central dopaminergic neurons: some clinical and basic implications
- M. Zigmond, E. Abercrombie, T. Berger, A. Grace, E. Stricker
- Psychology, Medicine
- Trends in Neurosciences
- 1 July 1990
Parkinson's disease is associated with degeneration of the dopaminergic component of the nigrostriatal pathway. However, the neurological symptoms of this disorder do not emerge until the… Expand
Feedforward excitation of the hippocampus by afferents from the entorhinal cortex: redefinition of the role of the trisynaptic pathway.
- M. Yeckel, T. Berger
- Chemistry, Medicine
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences…
- 1 August 1990
For the past 3 decades, functional characterizations of the hippocampus have emphasized its intrinsic trisynaptic circuitry, which consists of successive excitatory projections from the entorhinal… Expand
Single-unit analysis of different hippocampal cell types during classical conditioning of rabbit nictitating membrane response.
- T. Berger, P. Rinaldi, D. Weisz, R. Thompson
- Psychology, Medicine
- Journal of neurophysiology
- 1 November 1983
Extracellular single-unit recordings from neurons in the CA1 and CA3 regions of the dorsal hippocampus were monitored during classical conditioning of the rabbit nictitating membrane response.… Expand
Isolated NMDA receptor-mediated synaptic responses express both LTP and LTD.
1. The possibility of use-dependent, long-lasting modifications of pharmacologically isolated N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor-mediated synaptic transmission was examined by intracellular… Expand
Neuronal substrate of classical conditioning in the hippocampus
Neuronal activity in dorsal hippocampus was recorded in rabbits-during classical conditioning of nictitating membrane response, with tone as conditioned stimulus and corneal air puff as unconditioned… Expand
Neuronal plasticity in the limbic system during classical conditioning of the rabbit nictitating membrane response. II: Septum and mammillary bodies
Neuronal unit activity was recorded from several limbic system structures during classical conditioning of the rabbit nictiating membrane response to a tone CS. Air puff to cornea was used as a UCS.… Expand
Excitatory stimulation during postsynaptic inhibition induces long-term depression in hippocampus in vivo.
1. As part of an effort to evaluate the biological plausibility of theoretically derived principles of synaptic modification, we studied activity-dependent long-term depression (LTD) of glutamatergic… Expand
Nonlinear Dynamic Modeling of Spike Train Transformations for Hippocampal-Cortical Prostheses
- D. Song, Rosa H. M. Chan, V. Marmarelis, R. Hampson, S. Deadwyler, T. Berger
- Computer Science, Medicine
- IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering
- 21 May 2007
One of the fundamental principles of cortical brain regions, including the hippocampus, is that information is represented in the ensemble firing of populations of neurons, i.e., spatio-temporal… Expand