Sudesh R Prabhu

Learn More
CONTEXT Splenic involvement in neuroendocrine pancreatic tumors is well known but rarely presents as a primary splenic mass. CASE REPORT A rare case of a neuroendocrine tumor involving the tail of the pancreas, splenic hilum and splenic flexure of the colon, forming a conglomerate mass and presenting as isolated gastric varices is described. A 75-year-old(More)
Leiomyosarcomas are extremely rare in the oral region. A case of a malignant tumour of the smooth muscle of the mandible possibly originating from a pre-existent benign counterpart is reported and the literature briefly reviewed. The case presented suggested the possibility that leiomyosarcomas, whenever they originate as a result of malignant(More)
OBJECTIVES To study 1) the factors influencing the development of congestive gastropathy (CG) in patients with portal hypertension (PHT), 2) the changes in gastric microvessels in patients with PHT with and without CG, and 3) to determine whether Helicobacter pylori plays any role in the pathogenesis of CG. METHODS One hundred eighteen patients with PHT(More)
A morphological and histological study of the uterotubal junction was undertaken in order to explain its behaviour in various clinical conditions related to fertility and sterility. The study comprises 150 uterotubal junctions obtained from 75 uteri removed at surgery from women of reproductive age-group. In the study the cornua were subjected to(More)
The aim of the study was to observe the relationship between the two reservoirs of Helicobacter pylori--that is, dental plaque and the stomach. With the Campylobacter-like organism (CLO) test, H. pylori was detected in dental plaque and in gastric antral and body mucosa in 98%, 67% and 70%, respectively, of 43 consecutive patients with dyspepsia. The(More)
Two of twenty nine (6.8%) patients who had undergone resection of Meckel's diverticulum demonstrated heterotopic gastric mucosa. In both these patients gastric mucosa was of antral type. Remaining 27 of 29 (93.2%) patients with Meckel's diverticulum had intestinal mucosa. 9 of 29 (31%) patients with Meckel's resected were symptomatic (8 bleeding, 1(More)
BACKGROUND Helicobacter pylori infection has recently been incriminated in the pathogenesis of gastric carcinoma and chronic atrophic gastritis and intestinal metaplasia are considered to be precursors of this condition. Although the incidence of Helicobacter pylori infection in India is high that of gastric carcinoma is low. We, therefore, decided to(More)
OBJECTIVE To determine the effect on tubal closure of intrauterine quinacrine by dose and time from administration. DESIGN AND PARTICIPANTS Subjects included 33 women of reproductive age who were awaiting hysterectomy for nonmalignant conditions at a Bombay, India medical college. Ten women received 252 mg quinacrine as pellets using a modified Copper-T(More)