Guidelines for the use and interpretation of assays for monitoring autophagy (4th edition)1
- D. Klionsky, A. K. Abdel-Aziz, Chunmei Tong
- 2 January 2021
A set of guidelines for investigators to select and interpret methods to examine autophagy and related processes, and for reviewers to provide realistic and reasonable critiques of reports that are focused on these processes are presented.
Rab22A recruits BLOC‐1 and BLOC‐2 to promote the biogenesis of recycling endosomes
- Saurabh Shakya, Prerna Sharma, A. Bhatt, Riddhi Atul Jani, C. Delevoye, Subba Rao Gangi Setty
- BiologyEMBO Reports
- 5 November 2018
Findings suggest that Rab22A promotes the assembly of a BLOC‐1‐BLOC‐2‐KIF13A complex on E/SEs to generate REs that maintain cellular and organelle homeostasis.
STX13 regulates cargo delivery from recycling endosomes during melanosome biogenesis
- Riddhi Atul Jani, L. Purushothaman, S. Rani, P. Bergam, Subba Rao Gangi Setty
- BiologyJournal of Cell Science
- 1 September 2015
The SNAREs STX13 and VAMP7 mutually regulate their localization in melanocytes and control the cargo delivery to the melanosome during its biogenesis, reflecting a defect in endosome–melanosome fusion.
Keratinocyte differentiation promotes ER stress-dependent lysosome biogenesis
- S. Mahanty, S. S. Dakappa, Subba Rao Gangi Setty
- BiologyCell Death and Disease
- 19 March 2019
It is shown that ER stress but not mTOR-MiT/TFE factors promotes lysosome biogenesis during keratinocyte differentiation, which is critical for epidermal homeostasis.
Rab9A is required for delivery of cargo from recycling endosomes to melanosomes
- S. Mahanty, Keerthana Ravichandran, Praneeth Chitirala, J. Prabha, Riddhi Atul Jani, Subba Rao Gangi Setty
- BiologyPigment Cell & Melanoma Research
- 15 December 2015
Rab9A and its co‐regulatory GTPases control STX13‐mediated cargo delivery to maturing melanosomes and silencing of Rab9A, Rab38/32 or its effector VARP, or BLOC‐3‐deficiency in melanocytes decreased the length of STx13‐positive recycling endosomal tubules and targeted the SNARE to lysosomes.
Aqueous humor tyrosinase activity is indicative of iris melanocyte toxicity
- S. Mahanty, A. Kawali, Subba Rao Gangi Setty
- Medicine, BiologyExperimental Eye Research
- 1 September 2017
Opsin3-A Link to Visible Light-Induced Skin Pigmentation.
- Subba Rao Gangi Setty
- BiologyJournal of Investigative Dermatology
Rab4A organizes endosomal domains for sorting cargo to lysosome-related organelles
- Sudeshna Nag, S. Rani, Subba Rao Gangi Setty
- BiologyJournal of Cell Science
- 15 September 2018
RNAi screening in melanocytes revealed that knockdown of Rab4A results in defective melanosome maturation, and rabenosyn-5 was found to associate with rabaptin-5 or Rabip4/4′ (isoforms encoded by Rufy1) and differentially regulate cargo sorting from SEs, acting a key regulator of cargo segregation on SEs.
KIF13A motors are regulated by Rab22A to function as weak dimers inside the cell
- N. Patel, Meenakshi Sundaram Aravintha Siva, Virupakshi Soppina
- BiologyScience Advances
- 1 February 2021
It is demonstrated that KIF13A motors are tuned at a single-molecule level to function as weak dimers on the cellular cargo to regulate RE tubulation and homeostasis.
SNAREs in the maturation and function of LROs
- Riddhi Atul Jani, S. Mahanty, Subba Rao Gangi Setty
- 2 January 2016
The known key molecules, such as SNAREs, that regulate both the biogenesis and secretion of multiple LROs are described and other regulatory molecules,such as Rab GTPases and their effectors that modulate the SNARE activity for cargo delivery to one such LRO, the melanosome are described.