Stefano Baldoni

Learn More
Among acute myeloid leukemia (AML) patients with a normal karyotype (CN-AML), NPM1 and CEBPA mutations define World Health Organization 2008 provisional entities accounting for approximately 60% of patients, but the remaining 40% are molecularly poorly characterized. Using whole-exome sequencing of one CN-AML patient lacking mutations in NPM1, CEBPA,(More)
Postweaning multisystemic wasting syndrome (PMWS) affects nursery and growing pigs, and is characterized by wasting, failure to thrive, pale skin, respiratory distress, diarrhoea and sometimes jaundice. Macroscopic findings are aspecific, but lymphocyte depletion in lymphoid tissues is one of the histological hallmarks [Vet. Q. 24 (2002) 109]. Spontaneous(More)
Notch1 signaling is involved in regulatory T (Treg)-cell differentiation. We previously demonstrated that, when cocultured with CD3(+) cells, mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) induced a T-cell population with a regulatory phenotype. Here, we investigated the molecular mechanism underlying MSC induction of human Treg cells. We show that the Notch1 pathway is(More)
We selected T regulatory cells (Tregs) from standard leukapheresis using double-negative selection (anti-CD8 and anti-CD19) followed by positive selection (anti-CD25) and 72 procedures were performed. A median of 263×10(6)cells (range 143-470×10(6)) were recovered with a mean of CD4(+)/CD25(+) cells of 94.5±2.4% (36.5±18.6% CD4(+)/CD25(+hi)). FoxP3(+) cells(More)
The NOTCH and nuclear factor kappa B (NF-κB) pathways are both constitutively activated in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL). We first described the NOTCH1 PEST domain mutation in a CLL subgroup, but the activation of the NOTCH pathway in NOTCH1-unmutated cases remains unexplained. Here, we investigated whether genetic lesions in the NF-κB/NOTCH loop might(More)
In chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), Notch1 and Notch2 signaling is constitutively activated and contributes to apoptosis resistance. We show that genetic inhibition of either Notch1 or Notch2, through small-interfering RNA, increases apoptosis of CLL cells and is associated with decreased levels of the anti-apoptotic protein Mcl-1. Thus, Notch signaling(More)