- Full text PDF available (1)
- This year (0)
- Last 5 years (0)
- Last 10 years (1)
Journals and Conferences
Mouse foot pad testing for primary dapsone resistant leprosy was performed in 15 patients. 13 were resistant (87%). Two patients below 10 years were living with lepromatous leprosy mothers, one male aged 21, was born in Kokana leprosarium and ten others gave no history of known contact of leprosy.
Between 1980-1982, 56 patients suspected of developing dapsone resistant leprosy were seen at the skin clinic of Anandaban Leprosy Hospital and Kokana Leprosarium. Out of 56, 16 control mice had no growth. 29 patients (72.5%) were proved resistant by Mouse foot pad tests.
Following the curative resection of a pancreatic gastrinoma in a cat, gastrin peptides were purified from the tissue and sequenced. The sequence of cat gastrinoma G17 (18-34) confirms the previously published sequence. The sequence of cat G34 (1-34) is reported for the first time. The NH2-terminal portion of cat G34 differs from that of dog by having a Q… (More)
Amongst 107 diarrheal cases studied a bacterial agent was isolated from 71 (66%) cases of which 60 (85%) were due to a single agent and the remaining 11 (15%) were of mixed infections. Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli (ETEC) was isolated from 65 cases. Other pathogens isolated included Salmonella spp, Shigella spp and rotavirus. There was a higher isolation… (More)