Sheri J Hartman
Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Technology- and Phone-Based Weight Loss Intervention: Pilot RCT in Women at Elevated Breast Cancer Risk.
- Sheri J Hartman, Sandahl H Nelson, Lisa A Cadmus-Bertram, R. Patterson, B. Parker, J. Pierce
- American journal of preventive medicine
- 1 November 2016
INTRODUCTION For women with an increased breast cancer risk, reducing excess weight and increasing physical activity are believed to be important approaches for reducing their risk. This study tested… Expand
Intermittent Fasting and Human Metabolic Health.
- R. Patterson, G. Laughlin, +8 authors Linda C Gallo
- Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- 1 August 2015
Periods of voluntary abstinence from food and drink (i.e., intermittent fasting) has been practiced since earliest antiquity by peoples around the globe. Books on ethnology and religion describe a… Expand
Objectively measured physical activity and cognitive functioning in breast cancer survivors
- Catherine R Marinac, S. Godbole, J. Kerr, L. Natarajan, R. Patterson, Sheri J Hartman
- Journal of Cancer Survivorship
- 1 June 2015
PurposeThis study aimed to explore the relationship between objectively measured physical activity and cognitive functioning in breast cancer survivors.MethodsParticipants were 136 postmenopausal… Expand
Predictive Validity of the Expanded Susceptibility to Smoke Index.
- D. Strong, Sheri J Hartman, +7 authors J. Pierce
- Medicine, Psychology
- Nicotine & tobacco research : official journal of…
- 6 December 2014
OBJECTIVES The susceptibility to smoking index can be improved as it only identifies one third of future adult smokers. Adding curiosity to this index may increase the identification of future… Expand
Randomized controlled trial testing an internet physical activity intervention for sedentary adults.
- Lucas J. Carr, S. Dunsiger, +5 authors B. Marcus
- Psychology, Medicine
- Health psychology : official journal of the…
- 1 March 2013
OBJECTIVE Internet-based physical activity (PA) interventions have shown promise, although findings remain equivocal. We used formative research to enhance a previously demonstrated program (Step… Expand
The Effects of Metformin and Weight Loss on Biomarkers Associated With Breast Cancer Outcomes
- R. Patterson, Catherine R Marinac, +11 authors L. Natarajan
- Biology, Medicine
- Journal of the National Cancer Institute
- 1 November 2018
Background This study investigated the effects of metformin and weight loss on biomarkers associated with breast cancer prognosis. Methods Overweight/obese postmenopausal breast cancer survivors (n… Expand
Estudio Parto: postpartum diabetes prevention program for hispanic women with abnormal glucose tolerance in pregnancy: a randomised controlled trial – study protocol
- L. Chasan-Taber, B. Marcus, +8 authors G. Markenson
- BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth
- 10 March 2014
BackgroundDiabetes and obesity have reached epidemic proportions in the U.S. with rates consistently higher among Hispanics as compared to non-Hispanic whites. Among Hispanic women diagnosed with… Expand
Clinical predictors of cognitive function in adults treated with hematopoietic cell transplantation
Studies suggest that patients with cancer who undergo hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT) are at risk for cognitive deficits. To date, little research has investigated the cumulative effects of… Expand
Prolonged Nightly Fasting and Breast Cancer Prognosis.
IMPORTANCE Rodent studies demonstrate that prolonged fasting during the sleep phase positively influences carcinogenesis and metabolic processes that are putatively associated with risk and prognosis… Expand
Randomized trial of a phone- and web-based weight loss program for women at elevated breast cancer risk: the HELP study
- Lisa A Cadmus-Bertram, Sandahl H Nelson, Sheri J Hartman, R. Patterson, B. Parker, J. Pierce
- Journal of Behavioral Medicine
- 24 March 2016
Excess weight and physical inactivity are modifiable risk factors for breast cancer. Behavioral intervention is particularly important among women with an elevated risk profile. This trial tested an… Expand