Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Lipid-based nanoparticles for siRNA delivery in cancer therapy: paradigms and challenges.
- L. C. Gomes-da-Silva, N. Fonseca, Vera Moura, M. C. Pedroso de Lima, Sérgio Simões, J. Moreira
- Chemistry, Medicine
- Accounts of chemical research
- 8 May 2012
RNA interference (RNAi) is a specific gene-silencing mechanism that can be mediated by the delivery of chemical synthesized small-interfering RNA (siRNA). RNAi might constitute a novel therapeutic… Expand
Efficient chemoenzymatic synthesis, cytotoxic evaluation, and SAR of epoxysterols.
- J. Carvalho, M. M. Cruz Silva, João N. Moreira, Sérgio Simões, M. Sá e Melo
- Chemistry, Medicine
- Journal of medicinal chemistry
- 9 July 2009
A library of diastereomerically pure epoxysterols, prepared by combining chemical and enzymatic methodologies, was evaluated for cytotoxicity toward human cancer and noncancer cell lines. Unsaturated… Expand
New Halogenated Water‐Soluble Chlorin and Bacteriochlorin as Photostable PDT Sensitizers: Synthesis, Spectroscopy, Photophysics, and in vitro Photosensitizing Efficacy
Chlorin and bacteriochlorin derivatives of 5,10,15,20‐tetrakis(2‐chloro‐5‐sulfophenyl)porphyrin have intense absorptions in the phototherapeutic window, high water solubility, high photostability,… Expand
Design of peptide-targeted liposomes containing nucleic acids.
- Adriana O. Santos, Lígia C. Gomes da Silva, Luís M. Bimbo, Maria C. Pedroso de Lima, Sérgio Simões, João N. Moreira
- Biology, Medicine
- Biochimica et biophysica acta
- 1 March 2010
Anticancer systemic gene silencing therapy has been so far limited by the inexistence of adequate carrier systems that ultimately provide an efficient intracellular delivery into target tumor cells.… Expand
Imidazole-grafted chitosan-mediated gene delivery: in vitro study on transfection, intracellular trafficking and degradation.
- Liliana R Pires, Hugo Oliveira, +5 authors A. Pêgo
- Materials Science, Medicine
- 11 November 2011
AIM To study the mechanism of transfection mediated by imidazole-grafted chitosan (CHimi) nanoparticles, to propose new strategies to control and improve the expression of a delivered gene in the… Expand