Learn More
Autism, characterized by profound impairment in social interactions and communicative skills, is the most common neurodevelopmental disorder, and its underlying molecular mechanisms remain unknown. Ca(2+)-dependent activator protein for secretion 2 (CADPS2; also known as CAPS2) mediates the exocytosis of dense-core vesicles, and the human CADPS2 is located(More)
Intracellular recordings were made from neurons in the dorsolateral septal nucleus (DLSN) of rat brain slices. Lowering the concentration of extracellular glucose resulted in a concentration-dependent membrane hyperpolarization associated with a cessation of spontaneous firing. The amplitude of the excitatory postsynaptic potential (EPSP), inhibitory(More)
Mouse embryonic stem (mES) cells have the potential to differentiate into all types of cells, but the physiological properties of undifferentiated mES cells, including Ca2+ signaling systems, are not fully understood. In this study, we investigated Ca2+ signaling pathways in mES cells by using confocal Ca2+ imaging systems, patch clamp techniques and(More)
Intracellular and voltage-clamp studies were carried out to clarify the mechanism for spontaneous firing activity in neurons of the suprachiasmatic nucleus (SCN) of rat hypothalamic brain slices in vitro. SCN neurons displayed spontaneously firing action potentials that were preceded by a depolarizing pre-potential and followed by a short spike(More)
The role of glucose in synaptic transmission was examined in the rat dorsolateral septal nucleus (DLSN) with single-microelectrode voltage-clamp and slice-patch technique. Removal of glucose from the oxygenated Krebs solution caused an outward current associated with an increased membrane conductance. The current-voltage relationship (I-V curve) showed that(More)
BACKGROUND Variety of information relating between genome and the pathological findings in disease will yield a wealth of clues to discover new function, the role of genes and pathways, and future medicine. In addition to molecular information such as gene expression and genome copy number, detailed clinical information is essential for such systematic(More)
Intracellular and voltage-clamp recordings were made from neurons in rat brain slices containing dorsolateral septal nucleus (DLSN), in vitro. Bath application of adenosine (100 microM) produced a hyperpolarization (2-15 mV) in 46% of DLSN neurons (AH-neurons); in the remaining 54% neurons (non-AH-neurons), no hyperpolarization to adenosine was observed.(More)
BACKGROUND Colorectal cancer (CRC) is one of the most frequently occurring cancers in Japan, and thus a wide range of methods have been deployed to study the molecular mechanisms of CRC. In this study, we performed a comprehensive analysis of CRC, incorporating copy number aberration (CRC) and gene expression data. For the last four years, we have been(More)
1. Regulation of glucose uptake was compared between extensor digitorum longus (EDL) and soleus (Sol) muscles in rats. 2. Insulin stimulated glucose uptake more in EDL than in Sol. 3. Under high concentrations of insulin, the glucose uptake was higher in EDL than Sol. 4. Inhibition of oxidative phosphorylation by anoxia or an uncoupler stimulated glucose(More)