Sabine Sudkamp

Learn More
Pretectal neurons projecting to the lateral posterior-pulvinar complex (LP-P) in cats were electrophysiologically identified by their antidromic activation from the LP-P. Their responses to various visual stimuli and to electrical stimulation of the optic chiasm and the lateral geniculate nucleus (LGN) were characterized. In retrograde double-labelling(More)
The management of catheter-related infections has become a major challenge in continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis treatment. Early recognition and discrimination of mere exit site infections from more invasive and catheter menacing tunnel infections (TIs) are of therapeutic importance. As the diagnosis of TI is still based on clinical signs and only(More)
We studied responses of pulvinar neurons in awake cats that were allowed to execute spontaneous eye movements. Extracellular cell activity during saccades, saccade-like image shifts, and various stationary visual stimuli was recorded together with the animals' eye positions. All neurons analyzed had receptive fields that covered most of the central 80×80°(More)
We investigated anatomical and physiological properties of the projection from the pretectal nuclear complex (PNC) to the ipsilateral lateral posterior–pulvinar complex in the cat. After Phaseolus vulgaris leucoagglutinin injections into the PNC, the majority (70%) of anterogradely labeled terminals was localized in the pulvinar proper, the remaining 30%(More)
  • 1