Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Global and fine information coded by single neurons in the temporal visual cortex
We recorded the activity of single neurons in the temporal cortex of macaque monkeys while presenting visual stimuli consisting of geometric shapes, and monkey and human faces with various expressions. Expand
Neural activity in cortical area MST of alert monkey during ocular following responses.
- K. Kawano, M. Shidara, Y. Watanabe, S. Yamane
- Psychology, Medicine
- Journal of neurophysiology
- 1 June 1994
1. We studied response properties of neurons in the superior temporal sulcus (STS) of behaving monkeys that discharged during brief, sudden movements of a large-field visual stimulus, eliciting… Expand
Sparse population coding of faces in the inferotemporal cortex.
How does the brain represent objects in the world? A proportion of cells in the temporal cortex of monkeys responds specifically to objects, such as faces, but the type of coding used by these cells… Expand
On oscillating neuronal responses in the visual cortex of the monkey.
1. Recent studies of visual processing in the cat have shown stimulus-related oscillations in the 30- to 70-Hz range. We sought to replicate these findings in the monkey. 2. We recorded multiunit… Expand
Neural networks involved in artistic creativity
Creativity has been proposed to be either the result of solely right hemisphere processes or of interhemispheric interactions. Little information is available, however, concerning the neuronal… Expand
Color selectivity of neurons in the inferior temporal cortex of the awake macaque monkey
- H. Komatsu, Y. Ideura, S. Kaji, S. Yamane
- Biology, Medicine
- The Journal of neuroscience : the official…
- 1 February 1992
We tested the color selectivity of neurons in the inferior temporal (IT) cortex of two awake macaque monkeys. A color stimulus was presented at the center of the visual field while the animal… Expand
A Prospective Randomized Study of Posterolateral Lumbar Fusion Using Osteogenic Protein-1 (OP-1) Versus Local Autograft With Ceramic Bone Substitute: Emphasis of Surgical Exploration and Histologic…
Study Design. A prospective, randomized and controlled study. Objectives. To evaluate the osteoinductive property of Osteogenic Protein-1 (OP-1 or BMP-7) and fusion rate in human instrumented… Expand
Neural activity in dorsolateral pontine nucleus of alert monkey during ocular following responses.
1. Movements of the visual scene evoke short-latency ocular following responses. To study the neural mediation of the ocular following responses, we investigated neurons in the dorsolateral pontine… Expand
The Interplay of Classroom Anxiety,Intrinsic Motivation,and Gender in the Japanese EFL Context
- T. Yashima, A. NoelsKimberly, T. Shizuka, O. Takeuchi, S. Yamane, K. Yoshizawa
- 1 March 2009
The Effect of Cryotherapy on Intraarticular Temperature and Postoperative Care After Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction
- Y. Ohkoshi, M. Ohkoshi, S. Nagasaki, A. Ono, T. Hashimoto, S. Yamane
- The American journal of sports medicine
- 1 May 1999
The objective of this study was to elucidate how cryotherapy after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction affects intraarticular temperature and clinical results. A prospective and randomized… Expand