Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Share This Author
Prolonged defibrination syndrome after green pit viper bite with persisting venom activity in patient's blood.
Venom activity in citrated plasma from a patient with a green pit viper bite was demonstrated by measuring its ability to decrease fibrinogen levels in normal plasma for six days after the bite. By… Expand
Serum levels of tumor necrosis factor-alpha, interleukin-1, and interferon-gamma in beta(o)-thalassemia/HbE and their clinical significance.
- W. Wanachiwanawin, E. Wiener, +6 authors S. Visudhiphan
- Biology, Medicine
- Journal of interferon & cytokine research : the…
- 1 February 1999
Serum levels of tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha), interleukin-1alpha (IL-1alpha), and interferon-gamma (IFN-gamma) were estimated by conventional ELISA kits in 60, 42, and 58 Thai patients,… Expand
Dark green pit viper (Trimeresurus popeorum) bite: clinical and serial coagulation profiles in 51 cases.
- S. Visudhiphan, A. Tonmukayakul, S. Tumliang, B. Dumavibhat, A. Piankijagum
- The American journal of tropical medicine and…
- 1 November 1989
Trimeresurus popeorum, a dark green pit viper, is commonly found in Southeast Asia. This study describes the clinical picture and blood studies of 51 patients bitten by this snake. Affected limbs… Expand
Emergency splenectomy in adult idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura. A report of seven cases.
- W. Wanachiwanawin, A. Piankijagum, K. Sindhvananda, V. Vathanophas, S. Visudhiphan, S. Na-nakorn
- Archives of internal medicine
Seven adult patients with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura underwent emergency splenectomy. Six were female and one was a male, aged 16 to 61 years. All of them had a life-threatening episode. Six… Expand
Erythrocyte fragmentation in disseminated intravascular coagulation and other diseases.
Brucellosis. First case report in Thailand.
The relationship between high fibrinolytic activity and daily capsicum ingestion in Thais.
- S. Visudhiphan, S. Poolsuppasit, O. Piboonnukarintr, S. Tumliang
- The American journal of clinical nutrition
- 1 June 1982
Capsicum, a hot appetizer and seasoning, has been found to induce increased fibrinolytic activity and simultaneously cause hypocoagulability of blood when ingested or when retained in the mouth for a… Expand
Ketoconazole and Flutamide in the treatment of disseminated intravascular clotting from prostate cancer: a case report and review.
- S. Chakrapee-sirisuk, K. Amornpichetkul, S. Visudhiphan, T. Sangruchi, V. Srimuninnimit, P. Sinlarat
- Journal of the Medical Association of Thailand…
- 1 October 2001
Disseminated intravascular clotting (DIC) is a well-recognized complication of malignancy. Prostatic cancer can produce chronic DIC as well as acute severe DIC. Treatment of DIC are general… Expand
Serious complications following treatment of chronic idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura.
- W. Wanachiwanawin, S. Visudhiphan, A. Piankijagum, S. Vatanavicharn
- Postgraduate medical journal
- 1 June 1988
Six patients had serious complications as consequences of treatment of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura. Five had splenectomy-related complications, one of them developed fatal intra-abdominal… Expand
Blood coagulation and platelet profiles in persistent post-splenectomy thrombocytosis. The relationship to thromboembolism.
- S. Visudhiphan, K. Ketsa-ard, A. Piankijagum, S. Tumliang
- Biology, Medicine
- Biomedicine & pharmacotherapy = Biomedecine…
To clarify the possible role of persistent thrombocytosis after splenectomy being a predisposing factor causing development of thromboembolism, blood coagulation profiles and platelet functions were… Expand