Share This Author
Molecular systematics of the marine Dothideomycetes
Specific attention is given to the adaptation of the Dothideomycetes to the marine milieu, new lineages of marine fungi and their host specificity.
A class-wide phylogenetic assessment of Dothideomycetes
A genomic comparison of 6 dothideomycete genomes with other fungi finds a high level of unique protein associated with the class, supporting its delineation as a separate taxon.
Effective medicinal plants against enterohaemorrhagic Escherichia coli O157:H7.
Antimicrobial activity in cultures of endophytic fungi isolated from Garcinia species.
- S. Phongpaichit, Nattawut Rungjindamai, V. Rukachaisirikul, J. Sakayaroj
- BiologyFEMS Immunology & Medical Microbiology
- 1 December 2006
The results of the present study indicate that some endophytic fungi from Garcinia plants are a potential source of antimicrobial agents.
Phylogenetic diversity of endophyte assemblages associated with the tropical seagrass Enhalus acoroides in Thailand
- J. Sakayaroj, S. Preedanon, O. Supaphon, E. Jones, S. Phongpaichit
- Environmental ScienceFungal diversity
- 21 January 2010
This study confirms that E. acoroides harbors a wide diversity of fungal endophytes, and provides a baseline for further studies on fungal-host plant interactions, as well as describing the diversity ofendophytes based on LSU, ITS1, 2, 5.8S rDNA sequence analyses.
Tetrahydroanthraquinone and xanthone derivatives from the marine-derived fungus Trichoderma aureoviride PSU-F95
- Nanthaphong Khamthong, V. Rukachaisirikul, J. Sakayaroj
- ChemistryArchives of pharmacal research
- 5 April 2012
Known coniothranthraquinone 1 and emodin displayed strong antibacterial activity against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus with the MIC values of 8 and 4 μg/mL, respectively.
Biological activities of extracts from endophytic fungi isolated from Garcinia plants.
- S. Phongpaichit, J. Nikom, K. Kirtikara
- Medicine, BiologyFEMS Immunology & Medical Microbiology
- 1 December 2007
Results indicate that endophytic fungi isolated from Garcinia plants in Thailand are potential sources of various bioactive natural products.
Purification, characterization and synergistic activity of β-1,3-glucanase and antibiotic extract from an antagonistic Bacillus subtilis NSRS 89-24 against rice blast and sheath blight
The anti-amoebic activity of some medicinal plants used by AIDS patients in southern Thailand
- N. Sawangjaroen, S. Phongpaichit, S. Subhadhirasakul, M. Visutthi, N. Srisuwan, N. Thammapalerd
- Biology, MedicineParasitology Research
- 31 January 2006
The anti-amoebic activities of chloroform, methanol and water extracts from 12 Thai medicinal plants commonly used by AIDS patients in southern Thailand were screened against Entamoeba histolytica strain HTH-56:MUTM and strain HM1:IMSS growing in vitro.
The in vitro anti-giardial activity of extracts from plants that are used for self-medication by AIDS patients in southern Thailand
- N. Sawangjaroen, S. Subhadhirasakul, S. Phongpaichit, C. Siripanth, K. Jamjaroen, K. Sawangjaroen
- BiologyParasitology Research
It is shown that extracts from some medicinal plants have potential for use as therapeutic agents against G. intestinalis infections.