Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Share This Author
Chalcone synthase from Camellia sinensis: isolation of the cDNAs and the organ-specific and sugar-responsive expression of the genes.
Results indicate that the CHS1, CHS2 and CHS3 transcripts are expressed in various organs and respond to sugars in young leaves in a similar manner and the effect of continuous light is also discussed.
Protein O-Mannosyltransferases B and C Support Hyphal Development and Differentiation in Aspergillus nidulans
- M. Goto, Yuka Harada, T. Oka, S. Matsumoto, K. Takegawa, K. Furukawa
- Medicine, BiologyEukaryotic Cell
- 31 July 2009
Apart from the different, abnormal phenotypes, the three pmt disruptants exhibited differences in their sensitivities to antifungal reagents, mannosylation activities, and glycoprotein profiles, indicating that PmtA, PmtB, and PmtC perform unique functions during cell growth.
Biochemical Characterization and Overexpression of an Endo-rhamnogalacturonan Lyase from Penicillium chrysogenum
- M. Iwai, H. Yamada, +4 authors T. Sakamoto
- Chemistry, MedicineMolecular Biotechnology
- 10 February 2015
Analysis of the RG reaction products by high-performance anion-exchange chromatography revealed that rPcRGL4A cleaved the substrate in an endo-manner and that the major final product was an RG tetrasaccharide with 4-deoxy-4,5-unsaturated galacturonic acid at the nonreducing end.
Expression and Characterization of Recombinant GH11 Xylanase from Thermotolerant Streptomyces sp. SWU10
- W. Sukhumsirichart, W. Deesukon, Takuya Kawakami, S. Matsumoto, Weeranuch Seesom, T. Sakamoto
- Biology, MedicineApplied Biochemistry and Biotechnology
By using birch wood xylan as substrate, rXynSW3 produced several oligosaccharides in the initial stage of hydrolysis, and their levels increased with time, demonstrating that the enzyme is an endo-acting enzyme.
Identification of a novel Penicillium chrysogenum rhamnogalacturonan rhamnohydrolase and the first report of a rhamnogalacturonan rhamnohydrolase gene.
- S. Matsumoto, H. Yamada, +4 authors T. Sakamoto
- Chemistry, MedicineEnzyme and microbial technology
- 1 March 2017
To the knowledge, this is the first report of a gene encoding a RG rhamnohydrolase, and it is revealed that PcRGRH78A contains a bacterial α-l-rhamnosidase (PF05592) domain.
Protective role of testis-specific peroxiredoxin 4 against cellular oxidative stress
- E. Tasaki, S. Matsumoto, +5 authors Y. Iuchi
- Chemistry, MedicineJournal of clinical biochemistry and nutrition
- 1 May 2017
It is demonstrated that PRDX4t plays a protective role against oxidative stress in the mammalian cell line HEK293T and plays an important role in cellular antioxidant defense.
Transcription of Rice Green Revolution Gene sd1 is Clarified by Comparative RNA Diagnosis Using the Isogenic Background
The RNA diagnosis clarified that sd1 gene derived from Jukkoku was transcribed in Hikarishinseiki, and it would be a first evidence of the transcription of sd1 .
Medium-term in vitro conservation of virus-free parthenocarpic tomato plants
- Sota Koeda, S. Matsumoto, Y. Matsumoto, Rihito Takisawa, K. Nishikawa, K. Kataoka
- BiologyIn Vitro Cellular & Developmental Biology - Plant
- 18 June 2018
This newly developed method allows for easy and efficient medium-term in vitro conservation to maintain virus-free parthenocarpic tomato plants.