Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
On the relationship between methylnicotinate-induced skin flush and fatty acids levels in acute psychosis
- Roderick Maclean, P. Ward, I. Glen, S. J. Roberts, B. M. Ross
- Psychology, Medicine
- Progress in Neuro-Psychopharmacology and…
- 1 September 2003
Vasodilation induced by methylnicotinate, a fatty acid- and cyclooxygenase-dependent process, is reduced or absent in patients with schizophrenia. This phenomenon has been suggested to be useful as a… Expand
Characterization of beta-adrenoceptor mediated smooth muscle relaxation and the detection of mRNA for beta1-, beta2- and beta3-adrenoceptors in rat ileum.
1. Functional and molecular approaches were used to characterize the beta-AR subtypes mediating relaxation of rat ileal smooth muscle. 2. In functional studies, (-)-isoprenaline relaxation was… Expand
Beta-adrenoceptor subtypes and their desensitization mechanisms.
Characterization and localization of atypical beta-adrenoceptors in rat ileum.
1. Homogenate binding studies and receptor autoradiography have been used to examine the binding characteristics and localization of propranolol-resistant (-)-[125I]-cyanopindolol (CYP) binding sites… Expand
Localization and characterization of two propranolol resistant (-) [125I]cyanopindolol binding sites in rat skeletal muscle.
- P. Molenaar, S. J. Roberts, Y. Kim, H. S. Pak, R. Sainz, R. Summers
- Biology, Medicine
- European journal of pharmacology
- 17 December 1991
Autoradiographic studies were performed in sections of rat gastrocnemius, plantaris and soleus muscle bundles with (-)-[125I]cyanopindolol (59-69 pM) in the presence of (-)-propranolol (1 microM) to… Expand
Characterization of propranolol‐resistant (−)‐[125I]‐cyanopindolol binding sites in rat soleus muscle
1 The characteristics of a propranolol‐resistant (−)‐[125I]‐cyanopindolol (CYP) binding site in rat soleus muscle were determined. 2 Saturation studies performed on homogenates of rat soleus muscle… Expand
Beta 3-adrenoceptors: their role and regulation in the gastrointestinal tract.
Functional and molecular evidence for beta 1-, beta 2- and beta 3- adrenoceptors in human colon.
1. Relaxation of carbachol pre-contracted human colonic muscle to (-)-isoprenaline was examined in circular, longitudinal and taenia coli preparations to determine the beta-adrenoceptor subtypes… Expand
Cyclic AMP accumulation in rat soleus muscle: stimulation by beta2- but not beta3-adrenoceptors.
The beta-adrenoceptor subtypes involved in cyclic AMP accumulation in rat soleus muscle were studied using beta1- beta2- and beta3-adrenoceptor agonists and antagonists. Responses to (-)-isoprenaline… Expand
Evaluation of a Pest Control Technique: Fall-spray Control of Alfalfa Weevil (Coleoptera: Curculionidae) in Alfalfa Fields
A procedure for control of adult alfalfa weevil, Hypera postica (Gyllenhal), during the fall was analyzed and compared with the common practice of treating in the spring when indications of crop… Expand