Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Camptothecin induces protein-linked DNA breaks via mammalian DNA topoisomerase I.
- Y. Hsiang, R. Hertzberg, S. Hecht, L. Liu
- Biology, Medicine
- The Journal of biological chemistry
- 25 November 1985
Camptothecin, a cytotoxic drug, is a strong inhibitor of nucleic acid synthesis in mammalian cells and a potent inducer of strand breaks in chromosomal DNA. Neither the equilibrium dialysis nor the… Expand
ENERGY, QUANTA, AND VISION
1. Direct measurements of the minimum energy required for threshold vision under optimal physiological conditions yield values between 2.1 and 5.7 x 10–10 ergs at the cornea, which correspond to… Expand
INTERMITTENT STIMULATION BY LIGHT : V. THE RELATION BETWEEN INTENSITY AND CRITICAL FREQUENCY FOR DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE SPECTRUM
1. An optical system is described which furnishes large flickering fields whose brightness, even when reduced with monochromatic filters, is capable of covering the complete range of the relation… Expand
THE INFLUENCE OF LIGHT ADAPTATION ON SUBSEQUENT DARK ADAPTATION OF THE EYE
The course of dark adaptation of the human eye varies with the intensity used for the light adaptation which precedes it. Preadaptation to intensities below 200 photons is followed only by rod… Expand
THE VISIBILITY OF SINGLE LINES AT VARIOUS ILLUMINATIONS AND THE RETINAL BASIS OF VISUAL RESOLUTION
The visual resolution of a single opaque line against an evenly illuminated background has been studied over a large range of background brightness. It was found that the visual angle occupied by the… Expand
THE RELATION BETWEEN VITAMIN A AND DARK ADAPTATION
I. PURPOSE Night blindness and similar visual disturbances have long been associated with the nutritional state of the body. In recent years this connection has been traced to the vitamin A of the… Expand
Size, Shape, and Contrast in Detection of Targets by Daylight Vision. I. Data and Analytical Description1
The influence of size and symmetry has been studied on the contrast required for the recognition of rectangular targets against background brightnesses of 2950 and 17.5 footlamberts. Targets less… Expand
PHOTOCHEMISTRY OF VISUAL PURPLE : I. THE KINETICS OF THE DECOMPOSITION OF VISUAL PURPLE BY LIGHT.
- S. Hecht
- 20 September 1920
1. Visual purple solutions are prepared under such conditions that the bleaching reaction is irreversible. 2. A method is described for the colorimetric estimation of very small quantities of visual… Expand
THE COLOR VISION OF DICHROMATS : I. WAVELENGTH DISCRIMINATION, BRIGHTNESS DISTRIBUTION, AND COLOR MIXTURE
1. Protanopes and deuteranopes show one maximum of wavelength discrimination which occurs near their neutral point in the region of 500 mµ (blue-green for color-normal). The value of the just… Expand
VITAMIN A AND ROD-CONE DARK ADAPTATION IN CIRRHOSIS OF THE LIVER.