Roldan Muradian

Learn More
a Centre for International Development Issues (CIDIN), Radboud University of Nijmegen, The Netherlands b School of International Development, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK c Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research, Zuckerman Institute for Environmental Connective Research, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK d Department of Land Economy,(More)
The present paper sets out to aid in the development of "environmental load displacement" indicators. Developing the notion of the "environmental memory" of physical flows, we estimated embodied pollution in trade of 18 industrialized countries with a) the rest of the world and b) developing countries, from 1976 to 1994. We found that in the last years of(More)
Measurements of CO2 production of whole termite colonies showed that respiration intensity varies slightly during the daily cycle, that the relation between standard metabolism and colony size is best described with a negative exponential, taking into account the proportion of the various castes. Larger colonies were more efficient in their energy use,(More)
The effect of the powdered extract of Andrographis paniculata leaves (APE), an active principle of Kan Jang tablets [standardized for content of andrographolide (4.6%) and 14-deoxo-andrographolide (2.3%) content (total andrographolids--6.9%)] on blood progesterone content in rats was studied. Peroral administration of APE during the first 19 days of(More)
This introductory paper to the special section of Global Environmental Change entitled ‘‘Global transformations, social metabolism and the dynamics of socio-environmental conflicts’’ argues that the emergence of new global economic centers is inducing a major expansion in the global social metabolism—the flows of energy and materials into the world economy(More)
a r t i c l e i n f o Environmental protection and poverty alleviation in the developing world are usually heralded as joint objectives. However, these two goals are often associated with different sectoral policy instruments. While so−called payments for environmental services (PES) are increasingly being promoted for environmental protection, poverty(More)
An environmental conflict between a transnational mining corporation and a rural population in Northern Peru was studied in depth. Interviews with the stakeholders and a survey of the population were carried out in order to characterise the conflict about a gold mining project, in terms of perception of environmental risks, preferred decision-making(More)
Experience in clinical application of the new antiembolic REPTELA cava-filter is generalized. The immediate (750 patients) and late-term results (400 patients) of implantation of the filter are discussed. Thromboembolism of the pulmonary artery was encountered in the postimplantation period in 1.2% of patients with 0.2% lethality. Technical faults of(More)