Renée Leclerc

Learn More
ACTH and some of its fragments have been shown to play a role in a variety of adaptative mechanisms. To clearly identify the nervous structures containing ACTH in the rat brain, an immunohistochemical localization of this peptide was conducted at both light and electron microscopic levels. Nervous fibers staining for ACTH were found to be largely(More)
The distribution of alpha-melanocyte-stimulating hormone (alpha-MSH) was studied in the rat brain with an immunoperoxidase technique. alpha-MSH-containing cells were found in the arcuate nucleus of the hypothalamus. Cells staining for alpha-MSH were also localized in the intermediate lobe of the pituitary. alpha-MSH-containing nerve fibers extended(More)
In order to clearly identify the cellular elements as well as the organelles containing vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP), an immunocytochemical localization of this peptide was performed in the rat brain. Ultrastructural localization studies involving use of both pre- and post-embedding staining techniques clearly demonstrated that VIP immunoreactivity(More)
OBJECTIVES Posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome (PRES) is a rare feature of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) that can present with seizures, visual disturbance, and/or hypertension. We describe 7 new cases of PRES in SLE patients that highlight some of the diagnostic and treatment dilemmas of this condition. METHODS We obtained informed consent(More)
Using specific antibodies against the beta-subunits of human LH and FSH, the pituitary cells which produce the two gonadotropins have been localized in the human pituitary by an immunoperoxidase technique. In serial semi-thin sections (2 mum), it was clearly shown that about 90% of gonadotropic cells contained both FSH and LH, whereas the remaining 10% of(More)
Identification of the beta-lipotropic hormone (beta-LPH)-producing cells in several species, including man, was performed with the technique involving use of the unlabeled antibody and peroxidase-antiperoxidase complex. Serial paraffin and ultrathin sections were treated for detection of both beta-LPH and ACTH at the light and electron microscopic levels.(More)
Utilizing an immunoperoxidase technique at the light microscope level, growth hormone-release-inhibiting hormone (somatostatin) was localized in the external zone of the median eminence, the subcommissural organ, the organum vasculosum of the lamina terminalis and the pineal gland. No positive reaction was detected in any other brain area.
To clearly identify cells and organelles containing the common precursor (31,000 dalton) for both adrenocorticotropin (ACTH) and beta-lipotropin (beta-LPH), an immunohistochemical localization of a fragment (16,000 dalton) of the precursor that is not common to beta-LPH and ACTH was conducted in rat and human pituitary glands. With the help of specific(More)