Ramon D. Hamilton

Learn More
A recent experience with a chronic extradural hematoma found unexpectedly during an evaluation for an enlarged sella turcica is reported. This case, as well as pertinent literature, demonstrates the variability of the classical signs in the chronic lesion. Our experience suggests that the diagnosis of patients with persistent symptoms after head injury may(More)
Objectives Gallbladder and cholangiocarcinomas represent a heterogeneous group of malignant diseases that commonly present at an advanced stage and have limited therapeutic options. Based on the role of the Ras-Raf-Mek-Erk pathway and the VEGF axis in biliary carcinomas, we conducted a phase II study of sorafenib in patients with advanced biliary cancers.(More)
A series of 42 patients who had large decompressive craniotomies for acute subdural hematoma has been reviewed with regard to long term results. Postoperative mortality (within 30 days of surgery) was 36%. Delayed but related deaths accounted for an additional 19% mortality, for a total mortality of 55%. Fourteen patients (33%) were able to return home, but(More)
The diagnosis of transverse sacral fracture was made in six patients. All patients initially had evidence of urinary retention, a decrease in anal sphincter tone, or both. Diagnostic confirmation was established by tomography in four patients and by cystometric examination in two. All patients who had transverse sacral fractures with displacement of the(More)
The resting breathing patterns of healthy adult identical twins were compared to see if there was any possible genetic component in the determination of this pattern. From breath-by-breath analysis of airflow, measured with a pneumotachometer (9 pairs of twins), the pattern of breathing was quantified in terms of individual respiratory variables;(More)
Between January, 1974, and December, 1976, 123 patients with traumatic quadriplegia were admitted to the California Regional Spinal Cord Injury Care System. The spinal cord injury resulted from gunshot wounds in five, from a stab wound in one, from neck injuries with no bone damage seen on x-ray studies in 10, and from fracture dislocations of the cervical(More)