Mathieu functions, a visual approach
- J. Gutiérrez-Vega, R. Rodríguez-Dagnino, M. Meneses-Nava, S. Chávez-Cerda
- 13 February 2003
The behavior of the Mathieu functions is illustrated by using a variety of plots with representative examples taken from mechanics. We show how Mathieu functions can be applied to describe standing,…
Synthesizing stereo 3D views from focus cues in monoscopic 2D images
- Sergio Aguirre Valencia, R. Rodríguez-Dagnino
- Computer ScienceIS&T/SPIE Electronic Imaging
- 1 May 2003
A depth estimation method based on measuring focus cues is presented, which consists of a local spatial frequency measurement using multiresolution wavelet analysis and a Lipschitz regularity estimation of significant edges; resulting in a pixel resolution depth map.
Movement-Based Location Management for General Cell Residence Times in Wireless Networks
- R. Rodríguez-Dagnino, H. Takagi
- Computer ScienceIEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology
- 24 September 2007
The cost analysis for the dynamic movement-based location update scheme is presented, based on renewal theory arguments, and it is general enough to include a variety of probability distributions for modeling cell residence times (CRTs) in hyperexponentially distributed location area residence times and exponentially distributed intercall times.
Efficiency of the Approximated Shape Parameter Estimator in the Generalized Gaussian Distribution
- G. González-Farías, J. A. Domínguez-Molina, R. Rodríguez-Dagnino
- MathematicsIEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology
- 21 April 2009
The proposed estimator is an explicit approximate solution to the transcendental estimator obtained by the method of moments, and an explicit expression of its asymptotic variance is obtained.
Some Algebraic and Analytical Properties of Coquaternion Algebra
- Anatoliy A. Pogoruy, R. Rodríguez-Dagnino
Abstract.The aim of this work is to prove some basic properties of coquaternions and to find the zeros of polynomials involving coquaternionic elements. We also provide some expansions of…
Application of renewal theory to call handover counting and dynamic location management in cellular mobile networks
- R. Rodríguez-Dagnino, H. Takagi
- Computer Science, BusinessEuropean Journal of Operational Research
- 1 July 2010
Simulated annealing and stochastic ruler algorithms for wavelength assignment planning in WDM optical networks
- R. Rodríguez-Dagnino, E. López-Caudana, H. Martinez-Alfaro, J. González-Velarde
- Computer ScienceIEEE SMC'99 Conference Proceedings. IEEE…
- 12 October 1999
According to the results, the SA algorithm has a better performance than the stochastic ruler algorithm in most of the cases, specially when the number of nodes is large.
Intensity distributions and cutoff frequencies of linearly polarized modes for a step-index elliptical optical fiber
- Ivan Gómez-Castellanos, R. Rodríguez-Dagnino
- 1 April 2007
Intensity distributions of linearly polarized (LP) propagation modes of several orders are plotted for a step-index elliptical-core dielectric waveguide. A simplified characteristic equation is…
Some remarks regarding asymptotic packet loss in the Pareto/M/1/K queueing system
- R. Rodríguez-Dagnino
- MathematicsIEEE Communications Letters
This paper considers the evaluation of the asymptotic packet loss for the Pareto distributed interarrival times, i.e., Pare to/M/1/K queueing systems, through the use of the Paredto Laplace transform and its derivative.