Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Share This Author
The red seaweed Plocamium brasiliense shows anti-snake venom toxic effects
- Geisiane Alves da Silva, T. F. Domingos, R. R. Fonseca, E. Sanchez, V. Teixeira, A. Fuly
- MedicineJournal of Venomous Animals and Toxins including…
- 10 February 2015
Seaweeds may be a promising source of inhibitors against toxic effects caused by B. jararaca envenomation, which may contribute to antivenom treatment.
Allelopathic potential of extracts the from marine macroalga Plocamium brasiliense and their effects on pasture weed
- R. R. Fonseca, F. Ortiz-Ramírez, D. Cavalcanti, C. Ramos, V. Teixeira, Antonio Pedro da Silva Sousa Filho
- 1 August 2012
The species P. brasiliense emerges as a possible source of allelopathic substances against weed species and is attributed to the chemical composition, especially in relation to the presence of halogenated monoterpenes.
Inhibitory effect of the red seaweed Plocamium brasiliense against the toxic effects of Lachesis muta snake venom
- Mariana Moreira Claudino, T. F. Domingos, A. Fuly
- BiologyJournal of Applied Phycology
- 18 February 2014
Seaweeds may be a promising source of natural inhibitors of the toxic effects caused by snakebite by L. muta venom, and they may be used to develop new strategies for antivenom treatment.
Anti-herpesvirus bovine type 5 activities of extracts obtained from Plocamium brasiliense
- A. M. Pinto, J. Leite, C. Ramos, R. R. Fonseca, V. Teixeira, I. Paixão
- ChemistryJournal of Applied Phycology
- 30 April 2014
Bovine herpesvirus type 5 (BoHV-5) is an important etiologic agent of meningoencephalitis in cattle and has been frequently identified in outbreaks of neurological disease in bovine in the southern…
Inhibitory Effects against Pasture Weeds in Brazilian Amazonia of Natural Products from the Marine Brown Alga Dictyota menstrualis
- R. R. Fonseca, Antonio Pedro da Silva Sousa Filho, R. Villaça, V. Teixeira
- Biology, MedicineNatural product communications
- 1 December 2013
Fractions of the acetone extract and a mixture of two diterpenes from the marine brown alga Dictyota menstrualis were prepared with the aim of identifying potential effects on the germination of…
Exploratory analysis of a profile of minimally processed vegetables agribusiness in the state of Bahia: a case study.
Inhibitory Effects of the Lipophilic Extracts and An Isolated Meroditerpene of Brown Alga in Pasture Weeds in the Eastern Amazon Region
ABSTRACT: Two lipophilic extracts and atomaric acid (1), an isolated natural product, were obtained from the marine brown alga Stypopodium zonale (Dictyotaceae) to identify and characterize their…